Author Topic: Bought 2 Rohrbaugh R9S's this month  (Read 28391 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Bought 2 Rohrbaugh R9S's this month
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2010, 10:11:25 PM »

"Machining marks are to be expected?" That statement is a black mark in my book.

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2010, 10:33:51 PM »
When I called back, I stated that I was surprised by the machinist's comments too and that it is not the quality that Rohrbaugh should say is ok and/or acceptable. Maria said that the drill gets a little worn out when finishing a slide tray lot (16 at a time) and that the little spurs can cause the indentations to develop. She stated that each slide is different and it is caused by "chattering" on a CNC machine. She said there would be no functionality issue and encouraged me to take it to the range to prove it would not cause any function problems. She basically implied that it is the luck of the draw on whether or not your slide will have the "chattering" marks or not.

However, Karl did not argue at all and said that it will be fixed so in the end I am happy. Shipping was covered as well.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 10:44:59 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2010, 10:40:28 PM »
"Machining marks are to be expected" on a crowbar maybe, not on a high dollar pocket pistol.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2010, 10:58:03 PM »
The end result is what you have to look at.  Karl said he would fix it.  Don't agree with the machinist's remarks, however, Karl took over and calmed the matter.  CCW is a happy camper.   :)

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2010, 11:16:15 PM »

Expect continuing glitches as a luck of the draw but they will take care of the problem. Does that sound like a positive sales pitch?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2010, 11:26:21 PM »
Come on tracker.  I said, I didn't agree with the machinists' remarks!   I know Karl can handle the matter!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:35:25 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2010, 11:40:05 PM »

Please correct me if I am wrong but as I read it the machinist made the marks but not the remarks.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2010, 11:53:26 PM »
When I called back, I stated that I was surprised by the machinist's comments too and that it is not the quality that Rohrbaugh should say is ok and/or acceptable. Maria said that the drill gets a little worn out when finishing a slide tray lot (16 at a time) and that the little spurs can cause the indentations to develop. She stated that each slide is different and it is caused by "chattering" on a CNC machine. She said there would be no functionality issue and encouraged me to take it to the range to prove it would not cause any function problems. She basically implied that it is the luck of the draw on whether or not your slide will have the "chattering" marks or not.

However, Karl did not argue at all and said that it will be fixed so in the end I am happy. Shipping was covered as well.

CCW says here he was surprised by the machinists' comments too.  
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:56:11 PM by kjtrains »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2010, 12:00:30 AM »

Spoke with Maria and was told that the machining marks are to be expected. She mentioned that the slides are made in lots of 16 I believe and that ones towards the end of the lot sometimes have leftover machining marks.

Not satisfied with the response, I called her back and stated that I was not happy with the quality and would like another option. Karl called me today and apologized for the issue and said that he will personally fix things and to send it back to him with his attention. It was a pleasure speaking with him and he truly stands by his product.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:01:23 AM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2010, 12:07:54 AM »
Tracker.  We can keep this up all night if you like.  I'm saying Karl can handle the matter.  Would you like to disagree on this?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2010, 12:20:46 AM »

The point I am trying to make is why not correct the source of the problem instead of fixing the result of the problem.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2010, 12:25:39 AM »
I'm saying Karl will solve the matter entirely, which includes the source and the result.   This will not continue.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:32:41 AM by kjtrains »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2010, 12:34:17 AM »

Good; then we can disabuse ourselves of the notion that machining marks can be expected--what a relief.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2010, 12:40:34 AM »
I'm glad you're now disabused of the notion now and have found that profound relief!   Such a refreshing moment.   ;D

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2010, 12:45:23 AM »

It's been fun sparring with you, KJ; now that the State of the Union speech is over I have to turn the TV back on and listen to some late night news.