Author Topic: R9 Custom Grip options  (Read 25404 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: R9 Custom Grip options
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2010, 06:06:19 PM »
Richard,
    A 5" diameter piece seems like it may be possible to get both grips from. It would depend on the exact shape of the piece and weather there were any flaws in it. I drew a 5" diameter circle and was able to trace both grips in it, but it would be very close. One grip panel from a piece that size or as small as 4 1/2" would work.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2010, 06:36:25 PM »
Thank you, John. That answers my question. Two pieces it will be per set.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2010, 09:27:15 PM »
Bravo Richard S. As previously stated, my experience with the custom knife world was such that fossil ivory was my favorite.

The variagation, textures and colors of this materil is stunning.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2010, 12:00:17 PM »
Per John's post...after a qiuck calc in the CAD software it can be done pending any flaws, voids and whatnot inside that we obviously couldn't see until work commenced.

My father was the curator of mammals at Busch Gardens (Tampa) for years and he used to bring home all kinds of "animal fueding souvenirs" or where animal vs fence (horns, tusks, teeth etc) Unfortunately, I do not know what happened to all that stuff.

Tom
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2010, 04:47:48 PM »
Per John's post...after a qiuck calc in the CAD software it can be done pending any flaws, voids and whatnot inside that we obviously couldn't see until work commenced.

My father was the curator of mammals at Busch Gardens (Tampa) for years and he used to bring home all kinds of "animal fueding souvenirs" or where animal vs fence (horns, tusks, teeth etc) Unfortunately, I do not know what happened to all that stuff.

Tom

My CAD has a little different meaning than P7s, i used a 5" diameter Can to draw the circle and placed the grip panels in the circle.
 So I guess it is a "Can Aided Drawing"

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2010, 05:41:13 PM »
 ;D ;D

BTW John...what is "cheetah" shooting over there? Looks like a P9s...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 05:42:46 PM by P7Enigma »
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2010, 05:54:05 PM »
Whatever cheetah is shooting, he never runs out of ammo!

Should his magazine be banned?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »

Only in New Jersey and California.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2010, 06:14:32 PM »
;D ;D

BTW John...what is "cheetah" shooting over there? Looks like a P9s...

I'm not sure what he's shooting, and he's real touchy if you ask, so I just leave him alone. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »
You're definitely doing the right thing.  Don't mess with a chimp with a gun especially while he's firing.    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Junior

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »
Junior:
Good luck at the Blade Show. I am an Honorary Member of the Knifemaker's Guild. I had a lot of fun with knives some years ago which I found a good alternative, as a collector, due to the horrible gun laws of my native state.
Happily, I moved to a pro gun state and enjoy CCW in my adoptive state and 16 others.
Favorite scale material: fossil ivory.

Thanks ACP, I'm just a collector myself and I don't have as many as I used to, but I still have a few. The Blade show is always a lot of fun.
I really like fossil ivory as well, it's beautiful material.
…..

5" circle it is ... I appreciate the info guys and will see what I can find at the show

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2010, 06:54:32 PM »
Junior:

If you see anything at the Atlanta show that is really interesting in pre-ban or fossil ivory and feel like doing it, fire off a PM with description, price, and the amount of your finder's fee. I may not have sealed my deals by then. (Let's hear it for capitalism!)  8)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:55:29 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2010, 09:34:26 PM »
tracker:
touche' and many thanks for your comment as to cheetah's magazine being banned "only in New Jersey and California"

I spent 2 1/2 decades, as a gun owner,  in the Prople's Republic of New Jersey and you may recall the posts I have made on various forum strings as to the unbridled joy of having dumped my native state.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2010, 10:03:37 PM »

I do recall them and they were most descriptive, well written, and entertaining.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2010, 11:08:24 PM »

For those venturous souls looking for fossil ivory this story might save some anguish.

http://www.bbowers.com/screwed-oosik.htm