Author Topic: R9 family photos  (Read 32289 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: R9 family photos
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »
P7 - sorry about the Blonde moment back there.

I meant, P9s, is what I have as well a P7s and it is a 9mm. Haven't even seen the ol gal in quite a few years now.

I have always wanted a 45, but not been willing to part with that much cash.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2010, 07:01:02 PM »
P7 - sorry about the Blonde moment back there.

I meant, P9s, is what I have as well a P7s and it is a 9mm. Haven't even seen the ol gal in quite a few years now.

I have always wanted a 45, but not been willing to part with that much cash.

Hey, it happens..I'm surprised I'm not a natural blonde. :o

A P9s in 45 in near mint can be pricey. I paid 1400 for the last one I found locally from its original owner and had never been fired and came with pristine box and whatnot.

IF...you do either decide to shoot your P9s in 9mm or buy a 45 one...check the BUFFER before firing it! You can break the frame if not careful (More prone on the 45 however)
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2010, 07:10:03 PM »
Thanks for that tip!

I did shoot it a few years back, what a sweetheart - but what would you expect from an HK?  sans VP70Z :P
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2010, 07:24:36 PM »
Thanks for that tip!

I did shoot it a few years back, what a sweetheart - but what would you expect from an HK?  sans VP70Z :P

No problema...

and yes, that VP70 is one for the "books" and thank god it was a "history book"..!
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline Hayabusa

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Endowment Life Member
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2010, 08:46:31 AM »
Thanks all for the answers to my question on the last 500.  

The posts about P7s have been really educational for a first time buyer and I was a bit surprised when I came back to this thread and saw the volume and quality of 411.

Another couple of questions for those who have experience with German police refurbs. The A and B grade descriptions review finish pretty well.  As I would Robar, regrip, and add fresh nightsights would an "A" have an upside to a "B" grade?

Can I assume the bore and internals/working parts of the two grades are about the same?  I'd pay the $200 to get an A grade if the rating meant better condition beyond finish.  Seems odd that HK would focus so much on finish.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2010, 10:35:12 AM »
Thanks Tom, Will start my wish list soon.  

I was going to send off my Gold Cup for some custom work but I am going to move this ahead of it.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2010, 10:49:45 AM »
Thanks all for the answers to my question on the last 500.  

The posts about P7s have been really educational for a first time buyer and I was a bit surprised when I came back to this thread and saw the volume and quality of 411.

Another couple of questions for those who have experience with German police refurbs. The A and B grade descriptions review finish pretty well.  As I would Robar, regrip, and add fresh nightsights would an "A" have an upside to a "B" grade?

Can I assume the bore and internals/working parts of the two grades are about the same?  I'd pay the $200 to get an A grade if the rating meant better condition beyond finish.  Seems odd that HK would focus so much on finish.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

My understanding is that HK did the grading for the retired German P7s using the following standards: Grade A indicating a pistol with little wear of external finish or internal parts; Grade B indicating a pistol with some wear of external finish  but no significant internal wear (i.e., carried much but shot little); and Grade C indicating a pistol with evidence of significant use but nonetheless still entirely functional.

And toward the middle and bottom of page 1 at this link are before and after photograqphs of a Lower Saxony (Nds) P7 refinished by Robar, including one photo of the refinished pistol disassembled:

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=131096&page=1

[size=10][Edit: Refined link.][/size]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 06:13:24 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2010, 10:57:32 AM »
IMO,a B grade is the one to buy for a refinish..

I have had in my hands both grades,and the only difference that I can see is a slight difference in appearance,the internals not so much!!

I have been wanting to send one of mine in for a "spruce up"but have not been able to figure out where to send it since Tripps stopped doing them..

The main thing is getting one to start out with!And the "Bs" for 500 are the best price I have seen in long time!!

Just my .02 cents..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Hayabusa

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Endowment Life Member
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2010, 08:37:45 PM »
Thanks Richard and Brendan.  Just the info I was looking for.  The link to Park Cities Tactical was great.  Lots of info!

Dino, did you order yours?  If I go Top Gun Supply want to know that you got what you wanted from them.  You were there first.  Sounds like we might be traveling a similar P7 path soon.

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2010, 02:27:42 PM »
Hayaabusa, thanks for the consideration, yes mine is on the way and a very nice lady at Top Gun said they had, "many and more on the way", so go for it.

Thanks Tom, Brenden, Richard and eveyone else who help me with some great info!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2010, 02:33:37 PM »
Congrats, Dino, on the P7.  Will it go to Charm School?
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #146 on: July 26, 2010, 02:44:55 PM »
Sure it will go to Charm school, as I think only a P7's Mom thinks it is good looking.  ;)

Not right away however, I picked up a new money and time consuming hobby, knife making.

The more I get into it the more equipment I need to buy.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #147 on: July 26, 2010, 03:11:35 PM »

At least your knife making equipment will be well protected and defended against all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2010, 03:58:30 PM »
Dino,

How serious is your knife making? Are you just tinkering or going the more serious route through The Knifemaker's Guild?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2010, 05:14:38 PM »
ACP, right now just tinkering, ordered my first baldes from Jantz Knife Supply.  I shape my own finger guards and I just mastered soldering them to the blade.
I have always been good with wood working so the handles were not a problem.  

Have not yet tried to cut and forge my own blades but one day soon I hope.

So far I have acquired a stationary belt sander, a better drill press than what I already had, a grinder-buffer, a knife vice, a band saw and a jig saw.  Not to mention all the little stuff.

Don't know anything about The Knifemaker's Guild, should I?

Just want to make knives for family and friends and maybe when that is all taken care of give one to the Forum for another fun raiser auction?