Author Topic: New to the forum, looking for a stealth  (Read 9202 times)

Offline epkptp

• Expert
New to the forum, looking for a stealth
« on: February 01, 2011, 05:46:05 AM »
Just found this forum through searches.  Looks like a great forum, but not much for sale in the classifieds.  This is probably a good thing!

Since I can't seem to find a used R9S for sale, where is the cheapest place to find a new one?  Tried gunbroker/gunsamerica and it looks like they are listed for around $1200.  Can I get one cheaper elsewhere?

Also, is there anything different about the Elite/Special Forces models other than the finish (and that they are discontinued)?  Seems kind of silly to spend 3 to 4 times as much if there isn't.  

Thanks for any assistance with this.  I'm hoping to make a purchase today (Tues) with the help of this forum!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: New to the forum, looking for a stealth
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:38:48 AM »
Welcome to the campfire! Give Tom Watson ("theirishguard") a PM or e-mail. He is a long-time supporter of the Forum and can work with your local FFL to get you the R9 of your choice as quickly as anyone.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:56:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

Tom will be able to help you out.

Let us know how you make out.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 07:29:22 AM »
 Tried gunbroker/gunsamerica and it looks like they are listed for around $1200.  Can I get one cheaper elsewhere?

Welcome to the forum.

NEW Stealth on Gunbroker $1075 http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=214309322

Looks like you just missed a like new Stealth on Guns America for $875 http://www.gunsamerica.com/969548468/Guns/Pistols/Custom-Pistols/Other/Rohrbaugh_R9_9mm_LNI.htm

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 07:55:37 AM »
I'm hoping to make a purchase today (Tues) with the help of this forum!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Tom is the man, as others have said.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 08:28:53 AM »
epkptp.  Welcome to the Forum.  Wishing you the best in the search for the Stealth.  Corey has a good suggestion on the one on Gunbroker and the Buy Now Price of $1100.  You could grab that one today and with free shipping.  Good luck and again, welcome.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Marshbrook

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 10:26:48 AM »
Hello & welcome to the forum... it's a great place for information...as far as classifieds go,any given day something can pop up,this is where I bought my first Rohrbaugh with the help of a fellow forum member!

Offline epkptp

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 04:13:58 PM »
Thanks for all the replies and the link!  I emailed the guy on gunbroker and he doesnt take CC or any form of online payment.  I was hoping for instant payment to get the gun faster.  Ill try finding contact info for the member you guys mentioned.

Can anyone tell me if there are any other differences with the Elite and Special Forces models?  They are not out of my budget but I also dont want to spend extra more on upgrades not worth the money.

Thanks again!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 04:47:30 PM »
Here's Rohrbaugh's decription of the Rohrbaugh Elite.  You may have to click OK on the popup message.

http://rohrbaughfirearms.com/pdf/Rohrbaugh_8pg.pdf
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline epkptp

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »
Thanks, Ill have to take a look when i get home.  This site is blocked from work and the link doesnt work from my phone.  

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »
Here's the description:

The R9 Stealth Elite has a Daimond Black DLC coated slide with the sides sanded by hand to reveal the stainless silver color.  The trigger and magazine release are glass beaded to produce a satin look.  The extractor is also hand sanded like the sides of the slide, to further enhance the look of the gun.

Just a little on the Rohrbaugh Special Forces from the Forum here.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1251317650
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:41:37 PM by kjtrains »

Offline epkptp

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 05:51:47 PM »
Thanks!

I saw one on gunbroker for about $2800.  So an extra $1600 to just have it sanded?!  I realize there is a collector value to it, but I wish there were at least some other functional improvements (better trigger etc).  
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 06:35:53 PM by epkptp »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 05:55:13 PM »
I can only give the Rohrbaugh description.  Sorry.   Maybe someone else here knows more and will chime in.  It originally sold for $1350, thereabouts.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:56:38 PM by kjtrains »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 06:22:15 PM »
Welcome to the group.
  For the straight up best value for the money for a carry piece the stock two tone is it. The stealth is only a little more money and if you like the all black that would be the way to go.
  Keep in mind the black slide will show more wear than the stainless.
  The other high dollar models are nice but in my opinion do not offer significant extras proportional to the dollar difference.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline epkptp

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 01:26:35 AM »
Well, I just bought this one on gunbroker.  I can't wait!
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=214479437