Author Topic: New to the forum, looking for a stealth  (Read 9206 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: New to the forum, looking for a stealth
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 09:33:48 PM »
An FFL can ship UPS Ground or USPS Priority Mail. An individual must ship UPS or FedEx overnight (there rule not a law)

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 10:08:48 PM »

My understanding is that no handgun may be sent through the USPS. Handguns must be shipped FFL to FFL via UPS or FEDEX overnight air unless it is being shipped by an individual to a Mfg. or repair facility and then it must still be shipped one day air by UPS or FEDEX. There are many who choose their own methods such as the person who ships his guns by FEDEX ground, doesn't identify it as weapon, and has never had a problem---yet.

Offline epkptp

• Expert
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 10:13:07 PM »
Ive shipped and received over 20 guns through my FFL via USPS Priority Mail.  I believe FFL dealers can ship any they want.  Even received one via First Class Mail before...

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 10:59:15 PM »
Guns and ammo can be sent USPS.
  When I need to ship a gun now I go to my online USPS account and print out a Priority shipping label and take the label and flat rate priority box with the gun to my FFL and he ships it. Costs me $10.50 and the transfer fee.
They must fill out a form at the PO when shipping a gun.
  I have received ammo from Midway several times by USPS but we can not ship ammo by USPS.

John
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:00:36 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 08:44:01 AM »
I agree with John.  When I ship a handgun I take it to my FFL and he does the paperwork and I take it to the PO.  I save about $50.00 over UPS with insurance.

Offline pelahale

That is a Kick-Ass Killer Deal you Got
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 03:57:33 PM »
epkptp,
welcome to the forum, I'm new here too.  I hope you realize what a great deal you got - 5 springs, black screws, carbon-fiber grips. AWESOME.

Offline epkptp

• Expert
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 04:42:19 PM »
Thanks!

I dont think I do. lol. Im just happy to get the R9S overnighted for $1000.  I had already sent him $1000 for free ground shipping so he just ate the difference for air.  Not only that he included some sort of door security device from his company for free too!  Ill give him some free advertising with this link.  Please order from jordan if you are interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mQ1ACpLxwg

How much do you think all the extras are worth in my package?  I tried to price the grips (which I think are awesome) by googling but didnt see any other ones for sale.

It shipped out today and should be here Monday!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 04:56:13 PM »

~$300. for the grips.

Offline epkptp

• Expert
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »
300!? :o :o :o :o

And I thought Nill grips were expensiven. I just checked the price on the door security thing and it's $140.  And I got extra springs and scews on top of that.  Wow, my day just got awesome.  :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:06:45 PM by epkptp »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
epkptp.  The grips you have, as said by John, were sold by Curt, a member here on the Forum and sold for around $77 bucks.  The original CF grips from Rohrbough are selling for around $300, especially the blues and also some black.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Classifieds;action=display;num=1287005136;start=0#0
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:47:28 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline epkptp

• Expert
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 06:34:31 PM »
Well, $77 grips are still a cool bonus!  Still having a good day.  Wish the weekend would hurry up and be over with. :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:35:48 PM by epkptp »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2011, 06:36:03 PM »
Exactly.  You really did good!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline epkptp

• Expert
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2011, 07:00:30 PM »
Well, I picked up my R9S from my FFL today during my lunch!  It's a lot smaller than I was expecting.  I've never seen one in person so I was pretty amazed by how small it is.  I'm guessing there will be a lot of recoil?  I've read a lot of R9S/PM9 comparisons, but the R9S feels much smaller.  

It's sitting right next to me in my backpack at work. Can't even look at it.  :(  Only 3 hours to go! lol

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 07:13:01 PM »
Congrats on the newly acquired pup!   :)

Tempting isn't it?  ;D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2011, 07:20:15 PM »
epkptp.  Congrats on picking up the Stealth.  I'll bet that was a tough 3 hrs.  Do enjoy!