Author Topic: what gun did your r9 replace  (Read 32548 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: what gun did your r9 replace
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2011, 09:43:52 PM »
I've never felt the need to carry the spare; and yes, to each his own, for sure.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2011, 11:17:56 PM »
I don't carry a spare for the pup (but sometimes do for my other carry gun); mostly because my ability (or total lack thereof) to change magazines is so slow that you need a calendar instead of a stopwatch to measure it. If I had enough time to change magazines I might have enough time to run away (hopefully!!!).

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
Check out this one with Suzanna Hupp, DDS, in Killeen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NDnqS5h9k

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2011, 12:42:02 AM »
I would only need a spare mag if there were more than seven bad guys. ;D ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2011, 12:47:09 PM »
* * * Do you carry the spare mag as well and if so, how?  (weak side pocket?)

I do, in a magazine case stowed in the left (my weak side) back pocket. The case is important in keeping pocket dreck out of the magazine.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 12:48:22 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2011, 09:13:33 PM »
LIke Richard, I do as well in a carrier as well.

The primary reason for the extra mag, especially for a BUG is not for the extra ammo, but for Mr Murphy.  In case of mag failure of some sort  or a double feed, in which you have no choice  but to pull the mag.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline OFFROADER

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2011, 10:04:16 PM »
Replacing a Kel-Tec P3AT.  I had reliability issues that the factory could not resolve. They bought it back after I returned it for repair 3 times. I just bought an R-9s and am awaiting grip extensions before shooting, as I can not get two fingers on the grip presently. I tried inexpensive, now I'll try the best. I hope I wont be disappointed.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2011, 10:17:46 PM »

Welcome, OFFROADER, and wishing you all the very best in your new R9 purchase. You can feel at home here.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2011, 10:19:07 PM »
OFFROADER,
     Welcome to the group.

John
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:23:19 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2011, 10:23:28 PM »
Replacing a Kel-Tec P3AT.  I had reliability issues that the factory could not resolve. They bought it back after I returned it for repair 3 times. I just bought an R-9s and am awaiting grip extensions before shooting, as I can not get two fingers on the grip presently. I tried inexpensive, now I'll try the best. I hope I wont be disappointed.

OFFROADER.  Welcome to the Forum.  Congrats on getting the R9.  Do enjoy the little wonder!  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline OFFROADER

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2011, 11:57:17 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome   :)  John your products receive much praise here; looking forward to their arrival.

Dave

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2011, 01:03:38 AM »
Dave,
   They are on the way, let me know when they arrive.
Have you ever done any offroading in Zoar Valley ?

John
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:06:43 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline OFFROADER

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2011, 09:33:07 AM »
 John
      I raced Motocross at Zoar Valley thirty some years ago, but now I go offroading in a highly modified Jeep. I have wheeled on some private land in Gowanda that is close to Zoar. We usually go rock crawling in PA or Virginia, but have been to NC and as far as Utah. I'ts always nice to hear from someone with roots in western NY. The temp was 1 degree here this morning, I bet you don't miss that :)
              Dave
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:34:49 AM by OFFROADER »

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2011, 10:28:46 AM »
Testing my memory back to the late 70s for cc? First there was an AMT 380 backup, worked well every time, then there was a walther PPK/S, a colt mustang, a S&W J frame 940, Seecamp of course, R9 now shares time with Seecamp and occasionally a Kimber CDP Ultra II depending on circumstances. There was not a bad gun in the group. PPK/S had to go back once and it was repaired quickly when I first got it.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
OFFROADER:

Permit me also to welcome you to the Forum.

You mentioned rock crawling as one of your hobbies. That is one of the activities on my "bucket list," and we have some great rock outcroppings here in East Tennessee. I need to find myself a suitable Jeep as a platform, modify its engine and transmission, add a roll cage and lift kit, and get started before I "kick the proverbial bucket."  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"