Author Topic: New member with question on recoil  (Read 9429 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: New member with question on recoil
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2011, 12:27:28 AM »
No more unsolicited legal advice from a non attorney is desired or necessary.

That's just some simple common sense and sorry it's offending you.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2011, 01:08:28 AM »

Simple is right.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2011, 01:09:58 AM »
Simple is right.

Never thought it was any other way!    ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:12:24 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2011, 11:41:55 AM »
[Post deleted for having been rendered moot.]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:35:45 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2011, 12:12:54 PM »
WOW... I've seen some bad hijacked threads but this is one of the worst. :o
   I don't think anyone on here would endorse breaking the law.  Unfortunately if the OPs Daughter carried a gun before she was of legal age that's there decision, not that I think that would happen.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Moonshine

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 12:16:16 PM »
 Unfortunately if the OPs Daughter carried a gun ......

I thought I was the OP.  
 ::)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 12:19:53 PM »
My appologies, Moonshine, for being a part of that!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2011, 12:30:42 PM »

I thought I was the OP.  
 ::)

Yes you are and I apologize for not being clear.
   My reference was to the OP of the post that caused the Cluster _ _ _k.  ::)
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Moonshine

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2011, 09:43:19 PM »
Well, thanks to Irish Guard I'm now the owner of a R9S Stealth, and I put the first 50 rounds through it today.  It's running 100% and the recoil is not an issue.  What I am struggling with is that the front strap is so short that I can only get one finger fully on it.  My ring finger keeps slipping off, and with my middle finger being the only one that gets a decent grip the muzzle flip makes keeping it under control for multiple shots a bit problematic.  I measured the front strap at 1.25", and the front straps on my PM9 and P380 are both 1.50".  Apparently, my fingers need that extra 1/4".  Although I've never been a fan of magazine extensions one may be in order with this gun.  I found pics of Yankee2500's curved mag extensions, but not the straight ones.  Can anyone post a pic, or point me towards a pic of a straight mag extension?

I tend to bury a gun in my hand and I've noticed the pup has a tendency to railroad track the web of my hand just like my Glocks do.

Overall, a well made piece, but it's going to need a little fine tuning to really work for me.  I can certainly see why people enjoy carrying one, as it splits the difference in pocket feel between the P380 and the PM9.  
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2011, 10:35:18 PM »
Glad to hear about the good range report.

It's not a glamour shot, but here's a pic of the straight mag extension on mine:

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2011, 12:02:02 AM »
Well, thanks to Irish Guard I'm now the owner of a R9S Stealth, and I put the first 50 rounds through it today.  It's running 100% and the recoil is not an issue.  What I am struggling with is that the front strap is so short that I can only get one finger fully on it.  My ring finger keeps slipping off, and with my middle finger being the only one that gets a decent grip the muzzle flip makes keeping it under control for multiple shots a bit problematic.  I measured the front strap at 1.25", and the front straps on my PM9 and P380 are both 1.50".  Apparently, my fingers need that extra 1/4".  Although I've never been a fan of magazine extensions one may be in order with this gun.  I found pics of Yankee2500's curved mag extensions, but not the straight ones.  Can anyone post a pic, or point me towards a pic of a straight mag extension?

I tend to bury a gun in my hand and I've noticed the pup has a tendency to railroad track the web of my hand just like my Glocks do.

Overall, a well made piece, but it's going to need a little fine tuning to really work for me.  I can certainly see why people enjoy carrying one, as it splits the difference in pocket feel between the P380 and the PM9.  

Moonshine.  Congrats on the Stealth and on the good range report which is to be expected from the Rohrbaugh.  You'll get the tweaking down to a science before long, I'm sure.  Enjoy!