Author Topic: New R9 Model for 2011  (Read 42166 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: New R9 Model for 2011
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2012, 08:39:19 PM »
I know what it is but want to see the pictures. 8)

And that is?

It going to be 3 sdjhdsfbfb  fbebrfrekb   mern beerkbe sghd d a s. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2012, 10:03:54 PM »

Jawol, Herr Unteroffizier!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2012, 09:23:54 AM »
Well, for what its worth -- a lot of info does come out here first.   And, there have been special offers made only to forum members.  However, the SHOT show is traditionally a time for announcements in the shooting industry.

Karl and Eric do every much appreciate the forum and the loyal fans who frequent this site.  However, you have to understand that the internet is a two headed monster in many ways.  This forum is largely a great benefit to them in helping to spread the word -- but internet ramblings cause them lots of trouble too.  Many more people use the internet as a place to complain than they do to praise.  If one anonymous person doesn't like your product--their opinion can spread like wildfire whether they know of what they speak or not. 

As for secrecy -- I think Rohrbaugh treats product introductions a lot like Apple.  If you don't give a due date, you can't be late.  If you don't make promises about new products before they are actually ready, you don't disappoint.  The new model is scheduled to be ready for SHOT -- and that is when it will be done and the specs are finalized.  I don't think there is a lot more to it than that.

And I think that the R-9 has had quite a bit of magazine coverage.  It's been on the cover of American Hangunner twice I think, and featured in a lot of reviews elsewhere.  I suspect another one is coming.  I have personally published a review of the R-9 on two occasions.  Given the number of units that are sold, the coverage is really pretty good.

As for whether they care -- this is pretty much their life.   They work long hours in a small company making guns, and trying to recoup their investment and make enough money to keep making guns.  They are certainly not getting rich, so I sure hope they are enjoying themselves, at least.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2012, 01:38:47 PM »

I wondered who would bring that up.  That is a PERFECT example of making a time promise that didn't happen, and why they won't do it again.

Would they have been better off just keeping their mouths shut instead of releasing inside information to this forum?  YES.  Lesson learned. 

So that is exactly why you won't hear about new products anymore until they are ready to go.   If you commit to a date and miss it -- you are deemed by some to be a bad manufaucturer who can't meet its commitments, and has no respect for its customers.  On the other hand, if you wait to announce a new product until it's ready to go out the door -- there is very little downside.   I think I know which way I would go.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2012, 07:05:52 PM »
All good points Duane.  I've been aware of a couple articles, nothing recent....but then again, not much has changed.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what they have, but also looking forward to what the competition is releasing in pocket 9 department.  I know you go out of your way to keep us informed on what you are able to, and I certainly appreciate it. 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline shortslide

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2012, 08:41:33 PM »
Hey, what is that new version of the R9 on the company website.  It's called the "coyote" and it's got some new coating that is supposedly superior to anything (including the NP3 on my ROBAR version) out there.  The weapon appears to be light brown or tan, with upper and lower treated. 

The brown color is not as nice as the grey color my robar sports.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2012, 08:48:00 PM »
Hey, what is that new version of the R9 on the company website.  It's called the "coyote" and it's got some new coating that is supposedly superior to anything (including the NP3 on my ROBAR version) out there.  The weapon appears to be light brown or tan, with upper and lower treated. 

The brown color is not as nice as the grey color my robar sports.

Looks like the cats out of the bag a week early.....
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2012, 09:13:09 PM »
At least it looks like it comes with better grip screws.....

I noticed that too. I think they probably came with the VZ grips. I can't imagine this will be a big seller, may make it collectible someday though, who knows.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2012, 09:49:42 PM »

Looks like the cats out of the bag a week early.....

I don't think so.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »
I really hope this is a new edition and they still have a new model to unveil at SHOT next week. I'm not knocking the new Coyote, it's just not my style.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2012, 10:08:10 PM »
Stay tuned!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2012, 10:11:00 PM »
If they say it won't be released until SHOT it won't be released until then. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2012, 10:22:59 PM »
Less than a week, give or take a day or so!    ;D   
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2012, 10:44:54 PM »
Not a bad looking pup with the Cerakote finish. They must have never heard the term, "Coyote Ugly" in New York.