Author Topic: r9s elite info  (Read 9337 times)

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
r9s elite info
« on: March 14, 2012, 02:27:04 PM »
Hello everyone,  first post on this site.  Just had a question?  I have a nib r9s elite and have had a real difficult time finding info about it.  Like how many did they produce? Discontinued? Approximate value?  Any info on it would be awesome.  Thanks everyone in advance.
Jayson D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: r9s elite info
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 03:18:14 PM »
Hello everyone,  first post on this site.  Just had a question?  I have a nib r9s elite and have had a real difficult time finding info about it.  Like how many did they produce? Discontinued? Approximate value?  Any info on it would be awesome.  Thanks everyone in advance.

Jayson.  Welcome to the Forum.  The Elite originally sold for $1395 and now it's what someone is willing to pay.  Some are asking as high as $3100 I've seen.  They are discontinued and don't know how many were produced.  There was an Elite Premium produced and 16 of those were made, mainly a collectable.  Again, welcome.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »
Jayson, welcome to the group. :)
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and also the info,  this gun is so beautiful,  I've just found it weird such a nice gunhas so little info out about it.  Any other info is welcome and to those who responded I appreciate your input and welcome.
Jayson D

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 08:59:25 PM »
Jayson,

Welcome to the forum. I agree the Elite is a beautiful gun. I believe that there were approximately 50 Elites made. The first ones came with the smooth Hogue G10 grips and the later Elites came with the slightly upgraded checkered Hogue G10 grips, and the Elite Premiums got the last 16 sets of black carbon fiber grips and special serial numbers. Maria told me that the Elites were discontinued because too many slides were being over polished and had to be thrown out during the hand polishing process. The owners of the first and second Elites produced are both forum members, the first one came with a hand written note from one of the brothers and a copy of the magazine it was featured in. As far as price goes in November I purchased one NIB from a collector who bought three when he heard they were being discontinued. I probably paid a little too much at $2,500 but don't regret it and am very happy with it as a EDC. I originally wanted to get my hands on an Elite Premium (and still do) so I put some black CF grips on it and have included a picture below. What are your plans for your Elite?
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 09:42:30 PM »
As far as plans for it go I really don't have any at the moment,  given they no longer make them I'm inclined not to carry it as I have other carry guns and don't want to risk any damage to it.  If I got an interesting offer id listen but it may just go back in the safe otherwise.  Thanks a lot for the info, I appreciate it.
Jayson D

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 08:15:24 AM »
The second Elite ever made lives in my gunsafe (although it has been fired)...

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 01:37:42 PM »
That is one handsome pistol. And its the second one made,  that's pretty cool.  Thanks for the pics,  if there reallyy is only about 50 made, I can't believe I got one,  kinda lucked out.
Jayson D

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 07:30:03 PM »
Drooling.......
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 07:54:30 PM »
So how many people on here actually have an elite or elite premium?  Not to rub it in anyones face lol.  Just interested to see out of the 70 or so made, how many are accounted for on this forum.
Jayson D

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 08:25:35 PM »
I don't know exactly how many reside with forum members. I was only able to find one member who ever posted about having an Elite Premium but he has since removed all his info and posts (not corey/cwc either). More have posted about elites but the forum software upgrade a while back has made these difficult to track down. Right know I know of 5 BNIB elites including yours and the one on gunbroker, and there are probably a few more I dont know about.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
I do know of an Elite Premium that was bought new and still resides in Fla.  Owner not wanting to sell.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 08:36:36 PM »
I do know of an Elite Premium that was bought new and still resides in Fla.  Owner not wanting to sell.

Ken, you know where all the good stuff is!
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 08:43:44 PM »

Ken, you know where all the good stuff is!

Ryan.  I found out about the Premium when I was getting the #127;  there may be hope yet from this owner. 

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 08:54:04 PM »
I'm in florida too,  I frequent gun shows a lot and have never even seen another elite other than mine.  Not to mention a premium,  that's probably kept inside a gunvault mini safe and then inside another safe lol!
Jayson D