Author Topic: Top round in magazine nose diving.  (Read 10099 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Top round in magazine nose diving.
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 09:32:43 AM »
OK boys...let's play nice!  Argumentation and gratuitous insults aside, I must say that my liking for the Boberg and the R9 is equal...the BB is handier to shoot at greater distance (at least for me) but the R9 pocket carries with greater ease.  Both pistols have had some issues with glitches and both have designers who take responsibility for those issues.  I have had both pistols back at the factory by invitation for repair/renovation.  Service was superb at each factory and both pistols now are entirely trustworthy.  Loading the R9 magazine with care seems to prevent tipping of the cartridge and none of my three older magazines have ever had this problem.  I have never had a cartridge separate in the Boberg, but perhaps that's because I use recommended ammo.
John

ps:  also feel that way about my Seecamp.  Each of these pistols is carried depending on occasion, dress, expectations and situation.  What a great blessing to have so many quality choices.  Remember that in November.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline willy

Re: Top round in magazine nose diving.
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 05:41:08 PM »
It seems to me that, in theory, a 115 grain bullet would be less likely to get hung up on the feed ramp due to its 'gentler' shape near the tip of the bullet. ...if that makes any sense? Maybe give it a try and report back? I see a lot of people have had this complaint...