Author Topic: Show off your R9... I'm sure there are other pic threads on here, but...  (Read 52505 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: Show off your R9... I'm sure there are other pic threads on here, but...
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2016, 03:34:01 PM »
The answer is easy IMO. Michpatriot said it all. Send it to Williams. They will have you running 100 in no time. They will also pay for the round trip shipping in my experience. Talk to Alex (or Alec. Not sure).

This is why I have a spare R9.

Also, get while the getting is good.

This is also why I finally succumbed to the wisdom of backup 9 and others.

Carry always. But only shoot a little. It won't go bad sitting in your pocket (thanks ECR) and just run 2 mags (then clean and repocket) every once in a while at the range to give you proficiency and confidence in your weapon. This is what I have finally adopted after getting my R9 100.

If you think about it, it doesn't really take TONS of skill to deploy and empty a mag at 3-7 feet.

Also, a lot of these skills can be honed at home with a dummy round and dry fire if you so desire.

You may be hard headed like I am, but I finally came around.

I use the Glocks and sigs to pound the paper and steel at the range. The R9 gets special treatment and I have a backup since being without mine for a year almost was a real drag before Williams began their warranty service.

Just the random thoughts of an X- R9 abuser. Lol
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Show off your R9... I'm sure there are other pic threads on here, but...
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2016, 09:21:33 PM »
Good man JoshA.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.