Author Topic: VZ Grips and Yankee Extension Report  (Read 4161 times)

Offline smokemup

• NC Corvettes
VZ Grips and Yankee Extension Report
« on: November 01, 2012, 06:48:16 PM »
I installed some VZ black checkered grips and the Yankee hooked grip extension and went to the range. What a difference! I shot two handed and single handed and the R9 felt very tame compared to the stock configuration. Before, I had to constantly adjust my grip, or 're-grip', or grip the R9 like a vise before the shot. Not fun. The stock grips are slippery, as you know, and to me, it felt like it wanted to jump out of my hand with every shot. The 'hooked' grip extension is a real confidence builder, and the R9 is not going anywhere when flipping its angry little head... That "hook" kept it in place and there's no feeling the need to re-grip for better control. Awesome. The checkered VZ grips are, let's say, 'grippy', so that in conjunction with the anti-flip hooked extension, the results were impressive. I actually enjoyed shooting the little lightweight powerhouse and now feel very confident I can handle any off-handed weird grip-of-the-moment situation I might encounter. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:49:53 PM by smokemup »
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: VZ Grips and Yankee Extension Report
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 07:28:56 PM »
Right on!   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:15:47 PM »
Those are the two best mods you can do to your PUP to improve your grip in my opinion.

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:15:25 AM »
Hi,

Forgive me if there is already a picture someplace here, but can you post a picture of what the hook looks like and
where they can be ordered?

I assume the hook goes on the magazine?

Thanks,
Dan
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline smokemup

• NC Corvettes
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 10:50:08 AM »
I uploaded some pics to my Skydrive and made them "public."  Let me know if the link doesn't work for you.

Yankee's Grip Extention + VZ Grips Pics
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:53:12 AM by smokemup »
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.