Author Topic: Need opinions (Glock 19 sale?)  (Read 19145 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Need opinions (Glock 19 sale?)
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2009, 08:39:13 PM »
You are making an excellent choice in caliber and manufacturer.
I would appreciate your opinion on the sensed recoil of that gun.
It would appear to be rather brisk but we all have different
tolerance levels.

Personally, i enjoy something with some punch to it.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 08:46:19 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2009, 10:39:35 PM »
I do to.  I like shooting my Ruger Alasken .454, Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag, Freedom Arms .454, and not yet fired the S&W .500 Mag (just haven't had the chance yet on this one.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 02:02:38 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2009, 11:03:49 PM »
Those are some heavy duty hand punch tools.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 11:07:44 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2009, 11:11:34 PM »
The Ruger 44 Mag is the most uncomfortable one to shoot, due to the wood grips, but not unbearable.  I shoot all of them with one hand.  The Freedom Arms .454 did cause a cut between my thumb and index finger, but I didn't notice that until the 49th rd.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2009, 07:27:39 AM »
I have never owned a 454 Casull, 460 S&W or 500 but I am glad they make them. I have shot them and punishment is good if you do not make it a habit.

I concur with tracker's comments about "liking punch" when I shoot but prefer the R9 and .357 Sig compact to major ordinance referenced above.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2009, 11:40:01 AM »
A friend of mine said the same thing about his Ruger .44 Magnum.
He also said that the noise from his shots at the range caused
everyone to turn and look.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2009, 02:00:42 PM »
I know those looks.  People notice the loud noise especially from the .454 Freedom Arms Casull.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2009, 02:08:33 PM »
You are making an excellent choice in caliber and manufacturer.
I would appreciate your opinion on the sensed recoil of that gun.
It would appear to be rather brisk but we all have different
tolerance levels.

Personally, i enjoy something with some punch to it.

Will do.  Here's the Glock 33.

http://www.hyattgunstore.com/popup_magnifier.php?productid=17527&imageid=

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2009, 02:47:22 PM »
That would be a handful to a lot of people but not to you. I've
seen a lot of Glocks but never that one. It should come out hot
and blazing.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2009, 06:27:29 PM »
I've just read 5 reviews on the Glock 33 from those who have purchased it.  All five gave it a 5 star rating with positive remarks and one guy said he liked it so well he has bought 3.  One bought an Olive Drab color.  I might like that.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2009, 07:30:35 PM »
Concur with olive drab frame. I do not like two tone guns (I am being consistent here) but Anything to brake up the monotony of black, black, black and black; all you normally get with a Glock. You can't put wood grips on a Glock like you can a Sig.

I had interest in the Glock 33 because I love the caliber. They are not common according to those I contacted. What dissuaded me from getting one was the double stack configuration. I am a thin guy and don't shoot well with double stack guns. I will stick to my single stack Glock 36 in .45ACP.

If they would make a single stack .357 Sig compact I would be there in a flash. Great cartridge.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2009, 08:27:06 AM »
I have a Glock 32c and a P250, the Glock is a better built gun and has a better trigger.  I put XS big dot sights on and that is all the gun needed.  

The P250 compact has a grip that feels bigger than the Glock.

Recoil out of the 357 is about the same as any 40 cal I have shot.  My gun is compensated and that might make it feel a little softer than most.  

I love the 357 sig round, nothing like it.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2009, 08:52:28 AM »
Sounds like the Glock still has the edge.  Thanks.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2009, 11:52:31 AM »
Concur with olive drab frame. I do not like two tone guns (I am being consistent here) but Anything to brake up the monotony of black, black, black and black; all you normally get with a Glock. You can't put wood grips on a Glock like you can a Sig.

I had interest in the Glock 33 because I love the caliber. They are not common according to those I contacted. What dissuaded me from getting one was the double stack configuration. I am a thin guy and don't shoot well with double stack guns. I will stick to my single stack Glock 36 in .45ACP.

If they would make a single stack .357 Sig compact I would be there in a flash. Great cartridge.

I've never had a double stack gun before.  We'll see how it turns out.  

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2009, 12:30:12 PM »
what about the Springfield XDM?  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus