Author Topic: Collateral  (Read 1539 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Collateral
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:51:17 AM »
Re-watched this Tom Cruise movie this weekend.

I love the gun play and tactics in this movie.  There is a scene where Vincent (Cruise) is being threatened by two street punks with a gun.  He executes a perfect "speed rock" and failure drill on both bad guys.  He also has some great slide-lock speed loads.

I also like the scene at the end where he is at slidelock with an S&W 5906 and drops his empty mag for a speed load but reaches for his mag carrier and comes up empty.  No more ammo. 

Anyone else like this movie (despite the fact that Tom Cruise is in it)?
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Collateral
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 10:39:09 AM »
I very much enjoyed watching Collateral. Jamie Foxx, who played the taxi driver, gave a great performance that earned him a well-deserved nomination for Best Supporting Actor that year (2004).  The scene you describe with the two punks is alone worth the purchase price of the DVD.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »
Re-watched this Tom Cruise movie this weekend.

I love the gun play and tactics in this movie.  There is a scene where Vincent (Cruise) is being threatened by two street punks with a gun.  He executes a perfect "speed rock" and failure drill on both bad guys.  He also has some great slide-lock speed loads.

I also like the scene at the end where he is at slidelock with an S&W 5906 and drops his empty mag for a speed load but reaches for his mag carrier and comes up empty.  No more ammo. 

Anyone else like this movie (despite the fact that Tom Cruise is in it)?

I missed seeing Collateral; will have to get it; sounds interesting.   Thanks!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
I saw it at the theater and totally embarrassed my wife during the "speed rock"  scene.

It was so real and caught me off gaurd.  I came half way out of my seat screaming" ALL RiGHT!!!! "    "did you see that?  that was the real deal, not Hollywood..."    All the while she is holding me down telling me to be quiet. 

Man I went nuts.  The first time I have ever acted up in a theater   And to make it worse, it was a full house.

Oh yeah, bought the DVD.

A must have.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:45:00 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE