Author Topic: New Holster!  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Amacro

New Holster!
« on: August 05, 2012, 07:59:17 AM »
Just received from Raven Concealment holsters a VanGuard2 fits both my G19 & 36 a very unique system that I'd love to see for my "pup", this company makes some excellent looking holsters etc if you like kydex. Any systems out there for the pup I'm not aware of? Appreciate feedback- Thanks
Al

Offline Ghost Chili

Re: New Holster!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 06:00:22 PM »
That's an interesting holster - kinda like a speedo for the gun.  Certainly is minimalist way of securing a gun and it looks like it would work very well.  My only concern is printing during pocket carry.  I know for a fact a naked R9 in my front pocket prints obviously if I squat or sit or do anything that tensions my pants against my leg.  For that reason, I have ordered a Recluse holster.  If Kydex is your thing, consider holsters from Grandfather Oak:

http://www.grandfatheroak.com/Stockdesigns.html

They appear to be among the lightest and thinnest holsters that should help reduce printing.  I have modified a similar kydex holster for my KelTec by gluing leather pieces cut to fit the "wing" of the holster so it prints like a wallet.  Haven't used that holster in years and I'm not sure where that one went...