Author Topic: Am I missing something?????  (Read 17160 times)

BigAl

Re: Am I missing something?????
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 12:56:22 PM »
Yeah...I know "nothing about corporate America"..."Dude" (trident)!  I worked for a Fortune 50 company in management when there was a hostile takeover attempt by T. Boone Pickens.  (One of many examples.)  I suppose I know nothing about "greed" either...which is really what appears to be what you people keep describing as "what goes on in corporate America".  CYA and to hell with customers. 

How dare ***I*** "run down a centuries old family name".  Can someone please enlighten me as to what a "centuries old family name" has to do with this?  I have a "centuries old family name" and I was a Rohrbaugh customer.  If anyone has sullied the Rohrbaugh family name, it seems to me it's the Rohrbaugh brothers.             

Offline trident

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »
Hilarious ..... ;D  dont have thrombosis people , its a gun. LoL

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 03:30:27 PM »

Some of you guys are unbelievable.

I suspect the financial analysis in this thread is reasonably accurate.  I can't imagine anyone made a fortune in this corporate buy out.  One might wonder if it was inevitable to keep the company afloat.  While they were selling every gun they could make, they couldn't make very many.

Call it greed, call it stupidity if you want -- but if you really think the Rohrbaugh ownership had a right/obligation to insist on how their customers were treated AFTER the sale -- then I call that naive.

Is this how it should have went down -- "Yes, [Colt, Smith & Wesson, Sig Sauer, whoever], we will sell our company, but only if you put in the sale contract that you are going to answer our phones and promptly service our customers immediately upon the closing of the sale..."  Really?   They sold the company and its warranty obligations to a new buyer.  One has to presume the new buyer intends to service THEIR customers.

Some of you really just have malice and negativity in your hearts.  How quickly we demonize people who don't serve our immediate needs.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

BigAl

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 03:49:28 PM »
Some of you really just have malice and negativity in your hearts.  How quickly we demonize people who don't serve our immediate needs.
Back in the day, it was called, "the least you can do"...or "common courtesy".  What are the customers' "needs"? 

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 03:58:51 PM »

Back in the day, it was called, "the least you can do"...or "common courtesy".  What are the customers' "needs"?

Too bad you don't know the true ownership of the company that is not meeting your needs or you could go after THEM.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:36:12 PM by DDGator »
Duane (DDGator)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 06:22:16 PM »
I have bought and sold or traded (always at a loss it seems) a number of handguns that, for whatever reason, did not meet my needs or my expectations.  I can't remember EVER going to the related forum and pissing all over the pistol or it's fans.  This has heretofore been a fun forum for like minded people who prized a specific niche pistol and gathered here to help each other learn about it...now it is a gripe session populated by the disaffected and, it would appear, by some who just don't have anything better to do than to post continuously while damning with faint praise.  If you don't like it, sell it and move on.  Life is hard sometimes, but serious illness, loss of a loved one, or just loss of a job are the things that really matter.  I'd suggest that any crybabies out there read Kipling's "IF", man up and move on.

Just sayin'
backup
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

BigAl

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 07:20:57 PM »
Yeah...I've never "manned up". 

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 07:24:16 PM »

Only if the shoe fits.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 11:47:30 PM »
Now it actually seems like both sides are boohoohing : )

There are 2-3 guys with gripes. Lol fellas. It's not like their are 50 of the 1000 members (probably alot more).

Furthermore for me personally, I can't blame the R bros. if I had a company worth a cool mill or two  and had a buyer on the line i would say "you do what ya want. It's your company." I suppose it would have been nice if they cared enough about the guys who have been VERY loyal (Duane and Richard and others) to not leave them here to defend their integrity and blah blah blah (by not leaving a provision for the phones or emails to be answered or to make a public announcement on the web site), BUT that's not going to come up when my family and freedom are on the line. If I'm struggling, I wouldn't jeopardize the sale with stipulations (I've bought 3 businesses and the sellers do not want to rock the boat, that's why they are selling. They want OUT).

As for faint praise I can't do more than faint praise with my R9. I'm trying to be honest. If you dont like the posts, don't read them :) I guess if I want to sell my gun that would be my business; however no one makes you read faint reviews on your favorite gun. I don't think it's a very tough gun, but I like the role it fills in my personal armory if it were working. Is that ok? I am enthused about its size. I'm enthused about the great looks. Love the concept. But I can't say it's durable. What other gun has the saying "shoot little. Carry much"? I'm good with that too, but Their aren't ONLY good things to say about the gun IMHO. It has pros and cons. Like me. Let's be real.

If you want to hear some glowing reviews why not take your pistol out to the range and run some rounds through it and get on here and tell us how great it is? Go run 100-200 rounds through and clean it and get into it again. Let everybody know how enjoyable and reliable it is and how pleased you are with the fine product it is. I would say that would fire up some guys in a good way. Why not? Seems like that would give us all something to read rather than boring posts about so so or poor performance. Or reviews about other guns. Be overcomers bros.

SO there are 2 sides to the coin. Why is that a problem to the lovers of the product? If its real experience it may actually help you one day too.

As for just trying to run the Product or the Rorhbaughs into the ground , why? Are you just enjoying airing a gripe and being contrary fellows?

You are guys who aren't happy unless you are fighting a fight IMHO. Lol. Come on boys. It's funny to see the reactions and all, but you guys are making some people kinda mad. Oh wait that's probably the point isn't it?  8)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:36:41 AM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2014, 12:15:51 AM »

You're right, Josh; it is time for us forum loyalists to ignore such trivia and drivel since we are not the problem. Thank you.

BigAl

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 11:14:10 AM »
Here's the "problem".  What happened to Rohrbaugh Firearms?  Hellooooooo!!!!  The self-proclaimed owner of the "Rohrbaugh Forum" claimed he knew at one point but now appears to have no clue.  Oh well...who cares?   

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »

"Self-proclaimed owner"?  I started the forum, named the forum, own the website and URL, moderate the forum, and pay the bills.  Yep, I am the owner.

I'm done publicly fighting with you.  You don't add anything to the discussion and your negativity and personal attacks bring us all down.  I warned you several times.  Life is too short to deal with your complaints here in an enthusiasts forum.

Goodbye.  I wish you the best of luck in getting your gun repaired or sold in the future.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2014, 02:00:01 PM »

"Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2014, 02:12:50 PM »

Maybe, MRC.  I'm not sure what the internet equivallent would be.  The problem with the internet is that people use their anonymity to say whatever they want, with no fear of social reprisal (or a punch in the nose).  No one would come to your house, have a cup of coffee in your living room, and call you a liar and a shill, and whatever to your face.  But on the internet -- bombs away.  I've got no patience for that anymore.

Onwards and upwards, as they say.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline heyjoe

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2014, 06:08:08 PM »
i was in the area today so i stopped by the Rohrbaugh factory at 71-73 E. Jefryn Blvd. Deer Park NY. It was closed which i expected anyway being that its a Sunday. I was able to get a picture from the outside of their reception office, which as you can see still is being used currently. There is a phone, a computer, some mail and some personal effects.