Administration > Forum News and Feedback

Raising funds for 2018-2021

(1/3) > >>

DDGator:
All,

I have not had to mention this in a few years.  The ongoing expenses for the forum are relatively low on an ongoing basis, assuming that we have no issues with the forum software.  The hosting costs are in the neighborhood of $50 per year, which includes the domain registration fees.  The next three years will be roughly $150 if things keep puttering along.

People have recently asked what they could do to help.  I certainly could accept donations to reach approximately $150, but wouldn't need much more than that for the next three years.  Any excess will go into a beer fund.  Large excesses will go into a tequila fund!  ;)

Anyone can PayPal me at duane@daiker.net or PM me for an address to send a check.  I have about $30 in the pot so far.

Thanks!  :)

ECR:
Have a beer Duane

wildmanwill:
Funds sent via PayPal. Thank you Duane!

Richard S:

--- Quote from: DDGator on February 18, 2018, 10:08:47 PM ---All,

I have not had to mention this in a few years.  The ongoing expenses for the forum are relatively low on an ongoing basis, assuming that we have no issues with the forum software.  The hosting costs are in the neighborhood of $50 per year, which includes the domain registration fees.  The next three years will be roughly $150 if things keep puttering along.

People have recently asked what they could do to help.  I certainly could accept donations to reach approximately $150, but wouldn't need much more than that for the next three years.  Any excess will go into a beer fund.  Large excesses will go into a tequila fund!  ;)

Anyone can PayPal me at duane@daiker.net or PM me for an address to send a check.  I have about $30 in the pot so far.

Thanks!  :)

--- End quote ---
Duane:

Done. I like my tequila straight with half a lime, salt, and a Corona chaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DDGator:

Thanks, all!  I have received funds from several sources and I am happy to report we have met the fundraising goal!  If anyone donates at this point, we are clearly talking beer money.   ;)

I am also going to send a few dollars to my friend, TechGuy, for his services to the forum now, and perhaps in the future.  No one wants to drink alone...  ;)

The willingness of you all to contribute when asked is always greatly appreciated.  And, frankly, it was also good timing to feel appreciated right now.  Thanks for building such a strong community in what can otherwise be the wild west of the internet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version