Author Topic: Checkmate Mags arrived  (Read 5342 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Checkmate Mags arrived
« on: October 18, 2017, 04:16:15 PM »
FINALLY, well after 4 months, the Checkmate mags arrived. They are 100% duplicates of the original, all the way down to the markings on the base and side. Even the follower is the same. I paid $50.00 each in June. I understand they are a bit more now BUT you will never get another chance for new mags. 

I just wonder if the " IT HAS TO BE ORIGINAL" people will use these and JUSTIFY it? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:19:02 PM by kevinqjhps »
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline tattoo

• Master
Re: Checkmate Mags arrived
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 04:55:07 PM »
I prefer the mags with weld seams down the back 👍🏻

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 09:54:30 PM »

I just wonder if the " IT HAS TO BE ORIGINAL" people will use these and JUSTIFY it? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I don't see your point.  These are original OEM magazines.

Offline FALLEN77

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 09:57:07 PM »
FINALLY, well after 4 months, the Checkmate mags arrived. They are 100% duplicates of the original, all the way down to the markings on the base and side. Even the follower is the same. I paid $50.00 each in June. I understand they are a bit more now BUT you will never get another chance for new mags. 

Great! I guess I can expect mine in February since I placed my order a week or so ago,for 2 of them.

Offline FALLEN77

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 10:00:32 PM »

Checkmate made them the same as They did before and never stopped producing them (until now) so they are as original as the ones that came with your gun new.

Great! I guess I can expect mine in February since I placed my order a week or so ago,for 2 of them.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 10:14:03 PM »

Checkmate made them the same as They did before and never stopped producing them (until now) so they are as original as the ones that came with your gun new.

You probably don't have to wait until Feb.  They make these in a batch all at once, so yours are probably already made and waiting to be shipped. 

Offline FALLEN77

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 07:43:40 PM »
Got my 2 new mags today, they look good, the quality of the polishing is not the same as the previous mags but still pretty good. The follower is pretty tight at the top but I expect it will break in with a few times loading and unloading. The baseplate is super tight and really hard to get off without some work, definitely much rougher with this batchmbut again, it will probably improve over time. The locking plate one one of them does not pop completely thru the hole, I will swap parts around between macs and seeif I can get it working better, if not I will either return that one or open up the baseplate hole slightly.

I think they will work fine but the only way to know is to take a trip to the range, if I have any problems I will definitely let you all know.

Offline thewalk

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 04:21:21 PM »
Thanks for the updates! The three I ordered from Checkmate last year are not discernable from the originals. Sorry to hear the polishing is not as pretty; that's one of my favorite qualities about them. Hope they function perfectly for you!  8)

Got my 2 new mags today, they look good, the quality of the polishing is not the same as the previous mags but still pretty good. The follower is pretty tight at the top but I expect it will break in with a few times loading and unloading. The baseplate is super tight and really hard to get off without some work, definitely much rougher with this batchmbut again, it will probably improve over time. The locking plate one one of them does not pop completely thru the hole, I will swap parts around between macs and seeif I can get it working better, if not I will either return that one or open up the baseplate hole slightly.

I think they will work fine but the only way to know is to take a trip to the range, if I have any problems I will definitely let you all know.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 05:02:04 PM »

IF you have to return it do it pretty quick. When I spoke with them they said they only had parts to put 100 together.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 10:30:55 PM »
Congrats on everyone that got new Pup parts!! 8)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 07:29:58 PM »
I agree with Tattoo and like the ones with the weld seams down the back side.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 09:50:13 PM »
they just seem to be flawless. 

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 08:52:37 AM »
they just seem to be flawless.

If kept clean and PROPERLY lubed, using Winchester JHP, I don't think I have had a problem in the10-12 R9's I have owned.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline JMH

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 08:26:39 PM »
Got my 2 magazines from Checkmate Industries last Thursday. I cannot tell any difference between these and the originals. I am very pleased with the product. This might be worthwhile: I gave a PO Box with my order and the shipping confirmation from Checkmate was for UPS. The UPS tracking number had no information that the product ever left the warehouse. But UPS does not deliver to a PO Box. I called Checkmate but they did not answer their phone anytime during the day. Next, I filled out an online service ticket and gave my order number asking for an update. Never get a reply. But two(2) days later I got a notice from UPS that they could not deliver to a PO Box and if I didn't pick up the package by the next day at their depot it would be returned. I called the number on the postcard and arranged for UPS to deliver it to my physical address the next day. So, happy ending but if you are trying to open a dialogue with Checkmate it might prove a challenge. And at the end of the day I am very happy with my purchase. Hope this helps if you are purchasing from Checkmate.