Author Topic: Randy Cain Tactical Handgun 101  (Read 2149 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Randy Cain Tactical Handgun 101
« on: December 17, 2004, 12:37:46 AM »
I took Randy Cain's Tactical Handgun 101 last weekend at Southern Exposure, near Lakeland, FL.

This was a three day course on all the fundamentals of carrying and defending oneself with a handgun.  We covered basic marksmanship, the drawstroke, shooting on the move, shooting from retention, shooting from various non-standard positions, night shooting, flashlight techniques, speed loading, malfunction clearing, and more...   I am writing an article for Concealed Carry Magazine that will describe it all in more detail.

Me, being a sucker for punishment, showed up with my Ruger SP-101 in 9mm.  Of the nine other people in the class, there were 3 Glocks and the rest were 1911s.  

Not to brag, but I think I kept up just fine.  The Ruger impressed the hell out of me.  On day 3 I could hit a steel sillhouette at 100 yards with this 2" snubbie!  I even beat a guy who was pretty good with his 1911 in a steel plate shootout that required three plate hits and a mandatory reload!

What a great experience.  Randy is a fantastic instructor and great at diagnosing each person's particular problems.  He teaches all over the country, including Gunsite, so take a look at his schedule on www.cumberlandtactics.com if you are interested.

I will definitely be going back!
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Randy Cain Tactical Handgun 101
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 05:45:01 PM »
Sounds good Duane . Something I am sure I would enjoyed immensely.  Pity that is all so darned far away!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.