Author Topic: complete disassembly and reassembly  (Read 2384 times)

Offline 08055

complete disassembly and reassembly
« on: September 09, 2011, 09:24:11 PM »
In addition to field stripping and cleaning the R9, is there anyone here who does a complete disassembly and reassembly of the R9?

I ask this question because like a lot of 1911 owners,  I do it to my 1911.   There is a sense of confidence and security  when we can do this to our pistols because we can really verify that the internal parts are well maintained and working.    :)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: complete disassembly and reassembly
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 01:58:09 AM »
I have not but one of the members posted this picot his disassembled pup, and I do not remember who it was.

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 09:11:03 AM »
That doesn't look too bad, not compared to some others (I'm thinking of a P7...)

Thanks for the pic.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 11:13:31 AM »
That would have been Rich_G.  Here's his post.

Had a grip screw that the 1/16 hex stripped out  >:( so I had to drill it out! I used 3 different size LEFT hand drill bits I had laying around starting with a 5/64. Worked perfectly! ;) Anyway after seeing the small metal fragments I decided to give it a complete cleaning, It was quite simple the only tools used were a small punch and a golf tee (pictured to the right), here are some pic's!

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln