Author Topic: Pocket clip  (Read 14052 times)

Offline EdMan

• Expert
Re: Pocket clip
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 11:30:05 AM »
I really like the Clip Draw clips. I have them on all of my Glocks. On the Glocks they are compact, secure, easy to install and do not interfere with shooting the pistol. The Clip Draw on one of my Kahr PM9s is OK, but it sticks out further and adds some width the the gun. It's there when I need it, but I also have a PM9 without the Clip Draw for when the need arises. I have decided NOT to put a Clip on my R-9S. I believe it would compromise the concealablity advantage of the R-9S. If I were going to carry a pistol clipped at the waist it would be one of my larger pistols, like the Kahr PM9 or Gock 27.

Ed

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 01:03:48 PM »
I know the owner of Barami Hip Grips pretty well.  Next time I see him, I'll ask about making some that will fit the R9.  
They're molded plastic and would require a set of injection molds, so I'll bet he will laugh me out of his house.  He probably needs to sell 5,000 to 10,000 sets to see a profit.

Hmmm.  Do you think that's why the R9 costs nearly $1,000?  The Brothers R have labored for years, invested tons of $ in facilities & tooling, and produced about 1,000 guns in two years on the market.  Thanks in part to this forum, every owner feels like part of the Rohrbaugh family.  And expects special treatment like family.  :o
Rohrbaugh is probably only halfway to making a profit.  Unless you think $2.50 / hour is good pay!!  

Sorry for the diversion from the thread, but I got to thinking what Jack will say about making grips for such a small volume, and the realities of business overcame my affection for my R9.

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 04:50:52 PM »
I agree sslater and I am hopeful they will be profitable.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 05:36:23 PM »
Since I decided to keep the Clipdraw mounted on my favorite 1911, I figured, "Why not have it engraved?"  My jeweler was pleased to accommodate this self-indulgent bit of vanity.   8)

« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 09:23:57 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 03:52:43 PM »
Richard - you indulgent old dog you!!! ;) ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 09:30:42 PM »
Yes, I'm old, and getting older.  I'm now reduced to relying on whatever residual truth there may be in the maxim, "Old age and treachery will usually defeat youth and exuberance."   8)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 11:34:16 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline fultoncoshooter

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »
Covert Carrier will have a replacement grip pannel for the R9 in the near future. I have a replacement panel on my .32 seecamp and love the thing no need for a holster. And the weapon rides under the waistband of my pants so when i pull up my shirt you cant even see the pistol

Some will say that it is unsafe because the trigger isnt covered. I dont carry one in the chamber when i carry my seecamp but with the heavy DAO trigger i wouldnt feel unsafe with one in the pipe.

I carry a "BUG" gun while i am at work because i can not wear a pistol which is visible with the covert carrier i dont have to worry about anyone seeing my seecamp

here is a photo from there website

http://www.covertcarrier.com

Offline benstar

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 06:33:55 PM »
hi sale them $10 each less if you buy more Clipdraw Belt Clip Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 Steel Black laser.it@hotmail.com   some for S&W to

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 08:59:07 PM »
hi sale them $10 each less if you buy more Clipdraw Belt Clip Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 Steel Black laser.it@hotmail.com   some for S&W to

Not real sure what your trying to say?  ???

Offline Benjamin

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 12:11:05 PM »
Me either.
Benjamin

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 06:12:45 PM »
I don't have one on my pup -- might not be a bad idea for my 226, though (I usually just toss it in my waist band if I'm just walking the dog, etc -- as long and as heavy as the trigger is, I'm not worried about it -- I wouldn't Mexican carry a Glock, though.)
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Ollie_Ozark

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 11:21:19 PM »
I have a left side pocket clip on my Kel-Tec P32, and carry it butt forward in my right front pants pocket.  Looks like a knife or a multitool by observers.  Much handier than a pocket or belt holster.  

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 10:21:50 AM »
I personally do not like to use the clip.  I thought it would be a great idea but it turned out to be a loser in my opinion.  If you carry it iwb then you end up with the gun gouging you. if you carry it in the pocket, then I had it push up and out of the pocket twice with bending over and then falling to the ground.  I used the clip with my LCP and not my R9.  Just my word of warning.
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 09:29:26 PM »
I have used a clipdraw on my remmington 51 for some years, although it does have a safety.  I used the belt clip on my Kel tec and on a few glocks.  Loved all of them.
The tape on the clipdraw will not come off unless you want it to.  
I love nice holsters but some times I am just in too much of a hurry to belt one on.