Author Topic:    HK P7 showed up  (Read 30430 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re:     HK P7 showed up
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2010, 03:13:25 PM »
As always great advice Richard I will do just that.  By the way the gun shoots great!

Any advice on a neat set of sights?  Are they hard to install?

Dino:

Some owners have installed Hi Viz sights on their P7s. Here is a link to a discussion over on PCT which might be of interest:

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=137590#Post137590

And here is a link to the Hi Viz site:

http://www.hivizsights.com/HK-P7-Front-Rear-Combo-Sight-Set-P132C17.aspx
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:15:43 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »
I don't know about them Richard, I'm afraid it would look like a  mini-skirt on a 80 year old grandma..

Saw some sights on a P7 that the rear hung over the slide a little and swept up, reminded me of a wing on the back of a sports car.  I will keep looking, thanks again.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:49:40 PM by Dino »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2010, 04:03:19 PM »
I think those sights were shown on that UK "Deactivated Gun Collectors" site:

http://www.cybershooters.org/dgca/h&k_p7.htm

I've never seen them anywhere else.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2010, 04:22:19 PM »
Yeah those those "Bat-sights" remind me of some I had on one of my old HI-Powers.  Except mine were flush with the slide and actually looked pretty good.  I got them back in the 80's done by some Dallas gunsmith.  
I regretably sold that gun.  Made a lot of money at pot luck matches with it.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2010, 05:23:27 PM »
All right, Gene, here is a Del Fatti holster for your P7:   8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170552311360

I have no relation to the seller, but these things are hard to find since Matt suspended taking new orders in March 2008 to work on his backlog. The bidding on this one could become hot and heavy.

There ya go, Gene; a Del Fatti, ready and waiting!    :D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2010, 08:34:15 PM »
     I find myself with an over abundance of P7 grip screws. As I reported in an earlier post, I had to buy 50 of them. Anyway, if anyone needs a set,or two, or however many, PM me and I'll mail  them to you. I really wish I could claim credit for this idea, but I found it in Richard's link to Park Cities Tactical. The guy who posted the info about the screws had bought 100 of them (!) and came up with the idea of giving them to the members. These are stainless.  I tried some on my gun and they fit perfectly. So get them before I run out, (Which will probably be never). And I might double the price at any moment. ;D ;D          Gene
birdman

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »
Gene:

Nice touch! (There seems an unspoken "karma" between owners of R9s, P7s, Seecamps, and 1911s -- perhaps because they have all achieved "cult" status).
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2010, 09:53:07 PM »
         Thanks, Richard. I forgot to add in my last post that these are slotted. I think you're right about the cult status, and I believe it's because each gun you mentioned is the best of it's type.      Gene
birdman

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2010, 07:25:48 AM »
Richard that's them, I'll keep looking.

Gene I will PM you for a few screws, a little gun blue might be a nice touch on them.
Thanks.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2010, 10:34:30 AM »
    Dino, sent you 4 screws. You didn't say how many you wanted, so if you need more let me know. I guess I forgot to say in the other post that there's no charge. I just have way too many and there's no sense letting them go to waste. I said that I sent you the screws, what I should said was that I hoped that I sent them. The US Postal service scares H*** out of me lately. So let me know if they get there.(or don't)    Gene
birdman

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2010, 10:48:31 AM »
Thank you Gene, I'll blue a set and send them to you.  
Variety is the spcie of life.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2010, 11:31:56 AM »
Dino:

Those high-profile Millett sights pictured in the UK site were the subject of some comment in this Gun Tests article:

http://www.gun-tests.com/performance/nov96aftermarket.html

As far as I can tell, Millett has discontinued their production.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2010, 12:27:58 PM »

Thanks for the article, Richard. I was interested in the Bo-Mar part of it because they are on my Gold Cups. They are very good sights except there is an annoying little retaining pin that has a tendency to back out and be lost forever. A gunsmith fixed one for me so it would stay intact.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2010, 02:12:48 PM »
Thanks for the article, Richard. I was interested in the Bo-Mar part of it because they are on my Gold Cups. They are very good sights except there is an annoying little retaining pin that has a tendency to back out and be lost forever. A gunsmith fixed one for me so it would stay intact.

Tracker:

I also have the Bo-Mar sights on my Colt 1991A1 and keep a close eye on that retaining pin you mention.

Early this morning here at the cabin (around 0300 hours) those Bo-Mars were part of a "red alert." Joyce and I were both awakened by a "thud" appearing to come from the living room. "Did you hear that?" she asked. "Yes," I replied (in my best attempt to appear alert while slipping on my BDUs, grabbing up a tac light and the Colt, and unlocking the bedroom door ready to repel intruders).

What do I see there in the living room but our cat, "Queen Nefertiti," with a mouse hanging from her mouth and an overturned table lamp.

"Way to go, Titi!," I mumbled as I lowered the Colt and headed back to bed.   ::)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »
Richard - which emotion would best describe: amped up, focused, stress/pucker factor, relieved, a little pissed, funny - all rolled into one ?   ;D

add more here:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 06:09:40 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE