Author Topic:    HK P7 showed up  (Read 30428 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re:     HK P7 showed up
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2010, 06:22:31 PM »
Richard - which emotion would best describe: amped up, focused, stress/pucker factor, relieved, a little pissed, funny - all rolled into one ?   ;D

add more here:

At my age, it was all of that rolled into one -- with perhaps a touch of disappointment thrown in . . . you know, rather like the feeling of being all dressed up with no place to go . . . .   ;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2010, 06:44:22 PM »
 ;D ;D

I understand, totally.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2010, 07:28:49 PM »

Having given some thought to these types of scenarios I think that disappointment may be the best outcome. There was only one Wyatt Earp and those were different times.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2010, 08:08:19 PM »
Having given some thought to these types of scenarios I think that disappointment may be the best outcome. There was only one Wyatt Earp and those were different times.

I agree entirely. Even for those of us fortunate enough to live in states which have enacted the "Castle Doctrine," the after-action paperwork can be an extraordinary pain in the backside. This, in large part, is due to some of my less enlightened (and under-employed) colleagues at the Bar.

To borrow a phrase from an old Peter Sellers comedy routine, "It is not everything, I fear, which has changed for the better."

Well . . . time to secure the perimeter here at Critter Creek, stoke the fire, pour a bit of single malt, and resume re-reading Hemingway's Green Hills of Africa.

Good night, my Forum friends.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:14:36 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2010, 08:50:07 PM »
    Dino, in regards to the grips for your P7, I think you are right in going with Pete. And Richard gave some very good advice about getting the information to Pete. I can just see someone sending a tracing to MacTec, then they send it to Germany to Nill and so on. After my gun had gotten back from Bearcoat and I had seen that the grips didn't fit, I planned to take the gun and the grips down to Boise to Pete's shop and just let him fix things. It's only about a three hour drive. Unfortunately, Pete and his wife were leaving for a trip to Europe, so that plan got shot down, and that's when I decided to go with Nill, at which time MacTec threw another rock into the road, and yelled the dreaded word... BACKORDER! so anyway, I'll shut up before the tears dilute my beer anymore.            Gene
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:54:25 PM by birdman »
birdman

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2010, 11:23:19 AM »
Yeah Gene, I took Richards advice and traced the grips on my gun and the inside of the gun/grip opening.
Sent them to Pete.  
Let's see what happens now.  

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2010, 10:37:07 AM »
Check the classified section for P7PSP for sale. (not mine)
http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l77/1hunterdan/boat/tires/

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2010, 10:41:18 AM »
Good looking P7, for sure!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2010, 01:32:55 PM »
     Dino, PM sent.     Gene
birdman

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2010, 01:54:34 PM »
Just receive a Crossbreed holster yesterday,  don't know if I like it or not.  Need to spend more time with it I think.  

Worked up a sweat getting it inside of my pants, on my belt,  the P7 in it, and then tucking in my shirt.  :-/

PM sent back Gene, thanks.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 02:21:18 PM by Dino »

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2010, 02:31:29 PM »
  Dino, I thank you for the offer, but I really don't need more blue ones. The originals were buggered up a little and when Bearcoat did the gun, they refinished the screws also. Even dressed the screw slots where they were messed up. I LOVE Bearcoat! Anyway, if you need more let me know. I still have 46 screws left ;D     Gene
birdman

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2010, 10:01:56 PM »
  Update, had an email this morning from MacTec. They are the U.S. distributor for Nill grips, and the site that I ordered mine from. It seems that the grips I ordered are out of stock and not expected til "the end of october". Fortunately the original equipment black plastic grips are in good shape (and look pretty good actually) so I can use them til the new ones show. More to come, don't touch that dial!         Gene
      Well, it seems the end of October came early. I just received an email from MacTec that said my grips had shipped today and would take 3-6 days to arrive here. Happy days! more to come.          Gene
birdman

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2010, 10:06:49 PM »

You are really on a roll, Gene.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2010, 10:09:05 PM »
      Well, it seems the end of October came early. I just received an email from MacTec that said my grips had shipped today and would take 3-6 days to arrive here. Happy days! more to come.          Gene

Great news, Gene.  Now, just a little more waiting!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2010, 01:57:07 PM »
Note: Del Fatti P7 holster offered on e-Bay (no relation to or knowledge of seller):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Del-Fatti-ISP-LP-holster-HK-H-K-P7M8-P7-PSP-/270657305301?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f046ebad5
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"