Author Topic: my new bobergs..  (Read 10883 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: my new bobergs..
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 07:47:34 PM »
I still may get on the list for a Boberg but will continue to carry my Nighthawk T-3 and R9 until I hear of the cure for the Bullet disassembly issues (Not sure I need a semi automatic bullet puller). I am not a fan of being sprayed with powder :)

Chief

Having a bullet pulled and powder sprayed in your face in a time of need when not wearing shooting glasses would make a bad day a lot worse. :o
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 08:57:24 PM »

Having a bullet pulled and powder sprayed in your face in a time of need when not wearing shooting glasses would make a bad day a lot worse. :o

I like what Corey had to say about that!    ;)

I understand some of the concerns with bullet separation.  I had one come apart on me.   I now have 814 rounds thru my Boberg and had that 1 problem. It has run 99.877% thus far. That seems pretty good to me!  Even if this turns into a ammo select gun, like many others (R9), knowing NOT to use a certain ammo is not the death of a gun.  If you know going into it not to use "ammo X" I don't see a major problem, just don't use "ammo X".  I do own a Boberg and I can see where my thoughts might be interpreted as defensiveness but I'm just trying to look at the big picture.  I know what ammo my Seecamp eats, I know what ammo my Rohrbaugh eats and i'm learning what ammo the Boberg runs on.  I now know to pull a brush through the chamber after a hundred rounds + or - so thats not a big deal.  

I don't want "that thought" in the back of my mind either.   I am in the process of figuring out what it likes.  So far that has been very easy.  1 no go in 814 ain't bad.  We will see what happens but so far FOR ME I love the Boberg.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 07:09:21 AM »
I like it too, but no matter what brand you choose it's always going to be a possibility because of the design.
  With the Rohrbaugh a failure to fire can be taken care of with another pull of the trigger, no time to disassemble and clean your gun in a moment of need. :(
   Hopefully the Boberg brain trust is working on a solution to at least relieve the problem or eliminate it totally.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:11:03 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 09:53:47 AM »
I like it too, but no matter what brand you choose it's always going to be a possibility because of the design.
  With the Rohrbaugh a failure to fire can be taken care of with another pull of the trigger, no time to disassemble and clean your gun in a moment of need. :(
   Hopefully the Boberg brain trust is working on a solution to at least relieve the problem or eliminate it totally.

I hear what you're saying, John.  However, with 813 positive pulls of the trigger; I'm still OK with that.  I know there are going to be those who are disgruntled at even one rd separating.

I have an abundance of Winchester 115 gr. Silvertips, but knowing that statistic; won't use those in the Boberg; will save those for the newly favorite of the Rohrbaugh's, the Robar.

Corey still explains the situation of separation very well.    :D    
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:40:52 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Auto.default

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »
newest  range update: put 350 rounds of gold dots thru her this past weekend, and not one malfunction.. accuracy has also gotten better, as I'm getting more used to this awesome handgun.. also placed my order for my holster with sideguard, with a 6-8 week wait, ugghhh.. in the meantime, I'm carrying her in a generic iwb holster, or free floating in the front pocket of my cargos... using either method, she carries, hides and draws easily... this boberg has become my favorite carry piece, replacing my lcp, glock 26, and my 638/jframe... just ordered some +p ammo for my next range trip... will update again, til then, you all be safe...
PUP = perfect undercover pistol

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 12:16:01 PM »
Auto.default
 Do you have a Rohrbaugh?
If so have you fired them side by side?
 Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 12:22:46 PM »
newest  range update: put 350 rounds of gold dots thru her this past weekend, and not one malfunction.. accuracy has also gotten better, as I'm getting more used to this awesome handgun.. also placed my order for my holster with sideguard, with a 6-8 week wait, ugghhh.. in the meantime, I'm carrying her in a generic iwb holster, or free floating in the front pocket of my cargos... using either method, she carries, hides and draws easily... this boberg has become my favorite carry piece, replacing my lcp, glock 26, and my 638/jframe... just ordered some +p ammo for my next range trip... will update again, til then, you all be safe...

Auto.  Thanks for the update.  Excellent rd count.  I'm now at three weeks to arrival, hopefully; adding another week, which will make four, just for good measure; so I won't be disappointed if it's not here in three.  Did get an update on what the serial no. would be and mentioned that in another thread.  Thanks again.

Offline Auto.default

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 12:53:38 PM »
KJ, I'm hoping that your wait will be less.. you will not be disappointed with this weapon, she is an engineering marvel...
chief, I do have a rohrbaugh, and have fired them both side by side on three separate range trips.. what would you like to inquire?

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »
 On a Percentage wise as far as kick goes between 9mm how do you think it comes out?
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline Auto.default

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 01:16:38 PM »
hmmm, percentage wise, how best to describe it?... let's say 100% being the worst kick, I'd rate the rohrbaugh a 60,  and the boberg a 30...  yes, there is that much difference  (in my personal experience)..  my main 9mm handgun that I have put over 9000+ rounds through, is my glock 26.. shooting the boberg is about the same, to me.. I can shoot the xr9s and the g26 endlessly, without any discomfort... with the r9, my hand will start pulsating with some discomfort, usually after the 6th-7th magazine.. your mileage may vary...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:18:45 PM by Auto.default »

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 10:52:43 PM »
Robert (Meco) got some awesome grips from Paul at www.designergrips.com for his Boberg.  I like the look!

Offline Auto.default

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2011, 12:14:02 AM »
cwc, you're going to make me spend even more $$$$...  that is beyond sexy.. thanks for the info..  

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2011, 10:33:58 PM »
Auto.  Get yourself a couple pair; they're not that much.  Grips do look good.    :)

Offline Auto.default

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2011, 11:39:26 PM »
today's range report w/ 150 rounds of GD 115gr, and 50 rounds of federal HST 124gr.. the +P rounds haven't made it to me yet..

the 2 beauties lined up, ready to be put through their paces..

the R9 was first.. here's her finished target after numerous mags at 7 yards.. and i'm happy to report no malfunctions of any kind..  

the federals had a more substantial "kick" to them, when compared to the GDs and the sabers..

here's the start of the boberg's session.. moved the target out further.. was still putting them in the black, even with my crappy shooting at that distance.. lol

all in all, a great day of shooting..  you cannot go wrong with either one (or both) of these guns for concealed carry/self defense..  as usual, the boberg drews lots of attention (and questions)..
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:41:05 PM by Auto.default »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2011, 12:50:19 AM »
A great day, for sure, Auto, and thanks for all the results; some fine shootin', I would say.