Author Topic: NP3 or NP3+ Treatment  (Read 21478 times)

Offline ER5912

NP3 or NP3+ Treatment
« on: May 23, 2020, 02:55:13 PM »
I am a police officer in NJ and I utilize my R9S Stealth for off-duty and backup carry.  It is always with me either on my hip or in my pocket.  My question is, should I have the weapon treated NP3 or NP3+?  Someone advised me that Cerakote treatment is not recommended for the Rohrbaugh due to the tight tolerances of the weapon.  Is the same true for the NP3 and/or NP3+ treatment?  Any suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated....

Regards, and stay healthy and well!

Ed

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: NP3 or NP3+ Treatment
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 04:25:08 PM »
Can't help you with your question, but I did want to say 'Welcome to the Forum Ed'.

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 05:23:04 PM »
There was a run of Robar Rohrbaugh R9S, which were plated by Robar. Unfortunately Robar is officially out of business.

Next best idea, Accurate Plating & Weaponry (Cogan Custom) I know they’ve plated Rohrbaugh’s before are familiar with the weapon.

I’ve used them for both plating and custom work in the past and can HIGHLY recommend them.

BTW, I’ve carried my R9S Stealth as an on & off duty back-up.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:34:38 PM by PursuitSS »
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 04:29:50 PM »
Welcome also.  Eric Rohrbaugh hands around the forum a good bit and may be able to add some advice.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ER5912

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 08:59:41 PM »
Thanks all, especially for the welcome.  This forum has a lot of good info. and I figured it would be a good resource for these questions I have.

It would be great to hear from Eric Rohrbaugh on here to answer my inquiries.  I'm really wondering if it's a good idea to go for the NP3 or NP3+ treatment or just leave it as a R9S Stealth.

Anyway, have a good Memorial Day all - honoring and remembering the ultimate sacrifice given by so many.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 05:31:34 PM »
Welcome, Ed; I think that I would leave well enough alone.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 10:17:22 PM »
My thought too.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 03:30:31 PM »
Hello Ed and Welcome aboard The Forum,

As for your question as to whether or not to NP3-ize your R9 Stealth. . . . . . With the finish that is on that sidearm, anodized 7075 T651 Aircraft Grade Aluminum frame and the 416 Stainless Steel barrel and slide, she is fine just as she sits for the duty you require.
Anything extra, frankly and in my humble opinion, is nothing more than "Fluff". Keep her clean and oiled and use the prescribed ammunitions and you should be fine with it in your off-duty mode.

Should you have any other questions, feel free to PM me here through this forum.

Please Stay Safe out there. We really appreciate what you good cops do for us, we the people.

Respectful Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ER5912

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 03:42:11 PM »
Again, I want to thank you for your welcomes and especially for your great advice.  I will be leaving this beautiful weapon untouched!

Regards,

Ed

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 09:41:24 AM »
A wise choice Ed.   

Enjoy the weekend.

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ER5912

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 08:25:21 PM »
Thanks Eric, and you too!

Ed