Author Topic: The ''+P'' factor .......  (Read 9307 times)

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
Re: The ''+P'' factor .......
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 05:41:05 PM »
Got it from Eric's mouth this morning...

"+P ammo in the R9/R9s will cause undue stress on the firearm -- however, one could carry +P loads for self defense and it will hold together for those 7 rounds"

He added that he doubted any appreciable advantage to the high pressure rounds as compared to the standard pressure ammo out of the Rohrbaugh.

So, I think I'll stick with the tried and true Golden Saber load...
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 05:48:34 PM »
"So, I think I'll stick with the tried and true Golden Saber load... "    flyandscuba
~~~~~~~~~~~

'nough said....   [for me] :)
RJ=

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 08:26:28 PM »
I sent Eric an e-mail yesterday asking if they did any destructive testing with +P stuff.

I like Golden Sabers. I also like exotics like RBCD and MagSafe. In my pocket guns I have since 1990 carried MagSafe Defender cartridges, which is standard pressure.

I have not carried my Glock 19 yet, but when I do, it will be loaded with 115 grain Cor Bon JHP's. But I don't expect the G19 will get much use. For a primary, right now is the job of my Glock 36.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 11:01:26 PM »
Be careful with the Corbons in the G19 -- that was the only premium JHP my G19 would choke on.  I don't remember all the details, but it has something to do with which mag follower you have.  All the details can be found in discussions on Glocktalk.com.

Just shut me up if I am telling you stuff you already know...

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2004, 01:08:02 AM »
Hi DDGator:

I don't usually surf Glocktalk. I limit my daily web surfing to now three boards: NAA, Ron Graham, and this board. So thank you for the information.

I have 6 mags for my G19--2 ten rounds, and 4 high cap. The high caps were used. So far, all I have shot through the bun is the Walmart FMJ Winchester White Box target ammo. I'm having a ball.

I took for granted that the Cor Bon would feed without a problem. I was planning on buying 250 rounds of CorBon. 200 for initial practice, and 50 to use for carry ammo.

Now, before I buy any ammo, I'm going to serch the Glock board and read up with the problem.