Author Topic: I want one (S. Florida)  (Read 13786 times)

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
I want one (S. Florida)
« on: February 03, 2005, 11:07:55 AM »
Ok, like most of you who don't already own one of these little beauties I want one, but don't have the money saved, yet, to get one.  (Must keep plastic in wallet!  That is going to be a tough fight) Does anyone know of anywhere in S. Florida where I could pick one up?  Or should I just go to my favorite gun shop, Lou's, and see if they could order one for me?  

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: I want one (S. Florida)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 01:35:41 PM »
Its highly unlikely that you are going to find one lying around "in stock."  No new guns have shipped for a month or two, and demand is high, so anything out there is probably either gone or way over-priced...

Order one through your favorite dealer -- thats the best thing to do.  Make sure they understand that there is no distributor for R-9s -- the order has to be made with the factory.  If you have any problems, give Eric Rohrbaugh a call at the factory.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline pocketman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 04:50:35 PM »
PM sent.  ;)

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 10:02:10 AM »
Rocnerd,

I ordered my R9S through my local gun guy 88 days ago and joined the forum in January, after having been recommended to do so by Eric.

It's a great website and you will find that there are three types of participants:
1. Those that have R9's, (and paid their dues to get one)
2. Those that devoutly wish to own an R9, (and are paying their dues now, of which I am one)
3. Those, like yourself, who get hooked (and will have to get on line)

Am I jealous of those who have R9s already? Yes! That's how it works. Meantime, there's great guntalk to keep you busy.

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 08:30:47 PM »
Well, I guess I'll have to get in line then.  Thanks guys.

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 01:02:27 PM »
Personally, I don't mind the wait. Yes sir the R9 is a great gun, and I certainly can't wait to have it in my pocket, but I just don't mind waiting.

I look at it this way. I placed the down payment with my dealer, I paid cash, so I didn't have to charge anything. By the time the R9 comes in, I will once again pay cash for the balance. By doing this, it just doesn't feel like I have spent a whole lot of cash.
If I wanted one right away,I probably would have had to pay another two hundred dollars, and I would not have ordered it from my friend.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 01:14:04 PM »
Good morning y'all,  I have some openings on my up coming order from Rohrbaugh on R9S'.The first shippment to come in, after the factory starts shipping again is all spoken for, should ship in March. This open shippment should ship in April. I can ship to your dealer of choice, and would be happy to do so. I just get a deposit of $100 and the balance before shippment. I'm a dealer in Dallas.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 07:41:08 AM »
Tom,

I would gladly order from you but I placed that order 3 months ago to my local FFL. Rohrbaugh made no representation that there would be preferred dealers, which is my greatest fear.

I hope you sell alll the R9s and make good money. However, if my wait is longer than advised, or my FFL is told to go to another dealer, my remedy will be simple: Farewell Rohrbaugh

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 01:45:46 PM »
PCA, Don't throw out the baby with the bath water!!!. It will happen, Rohrbaugh will start shipping soon. Its not an exact science-the schedule of mfg & shipping, that is, after the move. It is always better to get one from your local favorite dealer. My orders for R9S' will sell in this area no problem. I was just trying to help out a forum member. I have some Speer Gold Dot 124 gr ammo and can get 115gr ammo. I sell 50 rd boxes for $12.00. Which seems to be a good fair price, from what my customers tell me. If I can help any follow forum member, I'll try to do so.  Tom

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2005, 03:33:57 PM »
PCA,

If you wait is longer than expected, I can assure you it is not because your dealer is getting unfair treatment.  One thing I have learned about these guys is that they are adamant about filling orders as received -- I didn't get any preferred treatment for mine, and I am not aware of anyone who did.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 03:48:16 PM »
Duane,  You got that right!!  Fair is fair. Get in line is the deal. We are all treated equal.   Tom

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 04:24:12 PM »
If fairness rules, no one will  be happier than me. Throwing the baby out with the bath water is a point well taken.

I was burned twice in previous firearm transactions in which allocation of the gun existed and I need to step away from that.

Sorry to bring a downer to the forum which may have been unnecessary and thank you for your encouragement.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 04:38:20 PM »
No prolbem PCA -- stay the course!

I have spent enough time with Eric and had enough dealings with the company to know that they are straight up.  There is no allocation going on -- and the delays have been caused by this whole relocation of the factory.

We all have waited for our guns -- soon after you get it, the pain is forgotten and you become a full fleged member of the fold!  ;D
Duane (DDGator)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2005, 09:34:21 PM »
PCA, It will be over before you know it. Then you will be a happy camper. Just think how a new mother feels! Great things come to those that wait!!!    Tom

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 06:58:13 AM »
Got it, guys, and thank you once again.