Author Topic: I want one (S. Florida)  (Read 13785 times)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Re: I want one (S. Florida)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 07:28:30 PM »
Waiting...

Seems like I waited FOREVER for my R9S.. :o

But NOW-It is in my pocket.. 8)

Time is the healer of all.. ;D

Welcome..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2005, 07:03:03 AM »
Brenden:

I like your moniker regarding "W". Don't get me started on politics.

"W" is a very good man, in my view, and I will use the "W" to stand for Wait, until my turn comes around.

Note: In NJ, you need a pistol permit for every handgun you buy and it is time limited. My "W" is all the more comlicated because you are juggling three events instead of one: 1) Handgun Permit, 2) Receipt of R9, 3) Expiration of permit

The legislators in NJ who make up the laws hate guns and gunowners and they get a "twofer". In addition to making gun laws harder for law abiding citizens they inflict harm to those who do not vote for them.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2005, 03:27:14 PM »
PCA, Sounds like a group of firearm folks need to get together and get some help from the NRA and throw those people out of office. Do you have a state rifle assn with the NRA in NJ? Thats where I would start.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2005, 03:57:13 PM »
Tom,

There is a very long story to be told regarding NJ gun laws . PA people tried to help us, the pro-gun people in NJ are busy, but we don't have the numbers to prevail.

PA wouldn't like their gun reality if Pittsburgh and Philadedlphia decided for them like Trenton does for us.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2005, 04:25:31 PM »
PCA   Too bad!    You or some other pro gun people should go to the NRA annual meetings in Houston in April and lobby the powers to be in helping your states cause. Tom

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2005, 06:16:21 PM »
QUOTE:

" I ordered my R9S through my local gun guy 88 days ago and joined the forum in January, after having been recommended to do so by Eric."

I ordered mine 122 days ago....I wonder if it will be in the March allocation?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 06:17:00 PM by harrydog »

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2005, 07:26:12 AM »
Tom:

That has been tried and I regret that the NRA has abandoned NJ as hopeless. This is my opinion, not necessarily fact.

NRA is very quick to take money but slow on services. Once again, opinion, not absolute fact.

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2005, 07:29:40 AM »
Harrydog:

Yikes! You are ahead of me on the R9s line. Present tally for me is 93 days but you should get yours first.

My hope is that the factory claims will be true and they will overcome demand with added space. What that will mean to us, only time will tell.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
I want one (S. Florida)
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2005, 12:43:37 PM »
>>I'm at day #167 on the wait list for my R9.  But then I purchased a very nice used R9 about a week into my wait...  Not sure if that shows my weakness for or commitment to the Rohrbaugh company, but a wait is a wait.  

I even went up to the new factory to say hi to my new R9...might have seen the slide and the barrel in their respective piles, but it seems my trigger was misplaced in the move...the trigger box may have accidently made it's way into an electrician's van...!  I assume that mix up has been solved and fingers crossed that we all will be seeing our new R9s in the next month or so...!!

Man - I love these little guns...!  I'm sure the existance of the R9 is why God created pockets...!!...TW<<

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2005, 02:01:35 PM »
TW,

Now you can understand my reluctance to even file for a NJ handgun permit. If I got my handgun permit to purchase today, I have 90 days to purchase. 93 days (my wait so far) + 90 days = 183 days, just over six months. You are already at 167 days!

I wish Rohrbaugh would give me a date by which I can expect the gun. At least I would be able to go for the permit now.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2005, 02:07:04 PM »
PCA< You might wait a week or two ,then call Eric and tell him the deal about the NJ permit. He might be able to help with a ballpark time frame.  Tom

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2005, 02:43:45 PM »
Tom,

It can't hurt to try and thanks for the recommendation.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
I want one (S. Florida)
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2005, 03:11:39 PM »
>>PCA...

I don't know if it is possible to switch order numbers with you, but if it would help you, and if Eric can somehow make it happen - you can have my place in line and I'll take yours.  If this sounds like something you would like to pursue I will contact Eric about it just as soon as I hear back from you...TW<<

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2005, 04:23:35 PM »
Duane, I just noticed that the posts count is not changing ie: I want one (S. Florida)  Rocnerd,TW, PCA, theirishguard,and yourself & Etc. As I was going through the comments in this area,to reply, I noticed that the post number is not changing. Is that normal?  Tom

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2005, 04:33:15 PM »
Tom,

It depends on what you mean by "not changing."

You will not see them change on multiple posts in one thread.  For whatever reason, the software does not count mulitple replies to the same thread as increasing your post count.  I guess its not a "post count" so much as a "number of threads you have posted to" count.  That seems counterintuitive, but it seems like that is what it is doing.

When your post count does go up on subsequent threads, it will show the "new" number even on old threads -- i.e., it reflects your current number, not a "historical" number from the time period in which you were posting.

Is this consistent with what you are seeing?
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com