Author Topic: I want one (S. Florida)  (Read 13787 times)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: I want one (S. Florida)
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2005, 04:41:39 PM »
Duane, Yes, I guess. It seems that the number is the same for a number of replies, then it jumps ahead just now. I was just wondering how that works.  Thanks, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline TW

• Grand Master
I want one (S. Florida)
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2005, 05:36:41 PM »
>>OK...  I just spoke to Eric and he is going to swap my place in line with that of PCA.  AND...he made a point of telling me there will be a new shipment of guns going out by late next week...!...whatever that means.  Perhaps PCA's gun on the move...?...finger's crossed and I guess we will just have to see.  That work for you, PCA...?..TW<<

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2005, 06:37:50 AM »
TW:

YES!!!!

I got a call from Eric yesterday, who was sick as a dog. I told him to go to bed and he said "yes, doctor". (Actually, my brother is the doctor in the family).

Eric told me of his having spoken to TW only 15 minutes prior to his calling me.

Note to the forum: I was not comfortable switcing with TW, except that he does already have an R9. I would like to think that I would do the same thing, but, whatever I would do is moot at this time because I have not had the opportunity to perform this extraordinary gesture as TW has me.

Life is not like this for me, normally, and I am very deeply grateful to TW's character, which is obviously informed by generosity and goodwill toward a brother-in-arms. Well done and many thanks.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2005, 08:55:22 AM »
Very nice, TW.  You are a gentleman's gentleman.  

Goes to show you what a great community of people we have gathered here.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2005, 06:22:17 PM »
TW, What a nice gift, I guess, you and PCA are joined at the hip now!!  Tom

Offline TW

• Grand Master
The One and Only Eric...!...
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2005, 03:28:53 AM »
>>Thanks for the kind words, Fellas - but as PCA-Man already pointed out...I already have an R9...I'm waiting on #2...so swapping places in line was not really any big sacrafice on my part.  Actually, sometimes I feel guilty talking about my gun on order around here when I already have one attached to my body.  Kinda feels like walking up to the desert table while stuffing my face with a delicious piece of cake, and butting in line with others waiting on their first...ya know...?

The guy who really deserves a pat on the back is "OOE" (Our Own Eric).  Think about it...  I mean, how many times have each of us found ourselves hounding some gun store owner or customer service rep about a gun we had on backorder...??  Then there is Eric...who of his own initiative calls us just to give updates on the progress of our orders...?...!!  It is unreal...!  What a guy...!  And what a way to build a business...!  It sure makes me want to come back for more.  OK...well that and I'm a bit greedy - lol...!  So how about a big group hug for OOE...!!...!!  Keep up the good work, Fella...TW<<

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2005, 08:15:19 AM »
TW,

I think you are being too modest but in a good cause. When I have had difficulty with Glock or Sig in the past I have never been treated as graciously, nor with sincere concern, as has Eric Rohrbaugh in the several times I have spoken to him.

Let's keep the Rohrbaugh fest alive, when weather favors us getting together, and invite Eric as our honored guest.

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2005, 10:49:37 AM »
Guys:

In order for me to buy the R9 there is a "new form" to be filled out in NJ because I haven't purchased a gun in several years. I have to pay $18 so NJ can run a background check. Then I will get a handgun purchase permit so they can run another background check. Then I will go through a "home grown" NJ NICS check; another backgound check and another $15. Then, after all this happens, I will wait another 72 hours.

My firearms profile at the local police station, (where all this takes place), has over 100 permits, a copy of my certified pistol instructor certificate and it dates back 30 years.

Anybody want to know why I stopped buying guns in NJ? Anyone  want to move here?

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2005, 02:31:23 PM »
Why would anyone????!!!!    Tom

Offline TW

• Grand Master
I want one (S. Florida)
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2005, 03:25:47 PM »
>>Hi Phil...

Look at it this way...  You moved to NJ for a set time...something you have little control over as to duration because you are fulfilling an important role of caring for your Dad through the rest of his life - something you have little to no say about regarding duration.

Now comes the breath of an R9 in your life...  There is now a goal of obtaining one, but again there is the "NJ Factor"...but at least you have a time table to follow and you do have some control about that...there is an end in sight (an R9 in hand)...it may, in fact, help you to get another gun quicker while you are in NJ (perhaps a full size, hi cap R9...?), and bottom line - the R9 WILL be worth your wait and you will have it for the rest of your life...!!!!  Oh yea...at some point you get to LEAVE NJ - what could be better...?...TW<<
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 03:46:42 PM by TW »

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2005, 03:39:45 PM »

Come on, Maryland, say something bad about your state!

Where is Illinois in all this? We have too many forum members from states with good gun laws!

Somebody stop me.....

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member &amp; Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2005, 05:50:05 PM »
I have to wait until Wed. to find out if I can even own a R9S in Maryland. I think it will pass.
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2005, 06:56:11 AM »
Newt,

Criticizing NJ is twisted but that's the only way I can vent. Remember, in NJ former senators and governors, (who commit felonies), walk free while gun owners are treated like criminals.
The corruption in this state is an abomination and I assure you, next year's governor's election will go democrat.
I met the republican challenger, Brett Schundler, at my gun club's open house several years ago. He was pro-gun! That's a crime in this state. No wonder he lost!
The guy who won the governor's race recently left in disgrace. He spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on his gay lover and left NJ vulnerable to terrorists! Is he going to jail? No!!!!! Misappropriation of funds, lying under oath, falsification of documents?? Not a problem. He's not even indicted. Perfectly acceptable behavior.
I wish you the best of luck with your MD R9 decision.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
I want one (S. Florida)
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2005, 11:46:56 AM »
>>Hi Newt...

I live twenty minutes from Rockville, MD, where the R9 is likely being evaluated.  If you need someone to help these people see the light about Rohrbaugh Firearms...just let me know and I will gladly offer my two cents and a thump on the head(s).  Hopefully their "firearms experts" are the real deal.  Good luck...TW<<
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 11:48:05 AM by TW »

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2005, 11:55:57 AM »
TW,

This is day #3 that I'm tracking down the records officer in my police department to get my paperwork going!

Once this guy is tracked down, only then do the 5 levels of background check commence.

Thump those knuckleheads in MD but in NJ there is no hope.