Author Topic: I want one (S. Florida)  (Read 13788 times)

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
Re: I want one (S. Florida)
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2005, 12:04:26 PM »
Thanks TW, The hearing is Wed. 16th in Annapolis. We feel we 've done everything we can and we are very optimistic it will pass. Thankyou very much for your offer and I would like to comend you for putting a fellow member(PCA) ahead in line for a R9S. If you want to attend the hearing E-mail me and I will give you the contact # for the particulars, Thanks Newt.
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2005, 12:11:08 PM »
Newt,

Good luck tomorrow. What criteria are utilized to judge the merit of the R9 or any other gun, for that matter?

Offline TW

• Grand Master
I want one (S. Florida)
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2005, 12:12:01 PM »
>>Newt...see PM...TW<<

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member &amp; Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2005, 12:53:44 PM »
Hi PCA, Any handgun is judged considering the following characteristics, this is right off the application, 1. concealability 2. Ballistic accuracy 3.Weight 4.Quality of materials 5.Quality of manufacture 6.Reliability as to safety 7.Caliber 8.Detectability by the standard security equipment commonly used at airports or courthouses 9.Utility for legitimate sporting activities,selfprotection,or law enforcement. The board shall not place undue weight on any one characteristic.
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2005, 02:38:25 PM »
Newt, It all sounds like a way of keeping guns out of the hands of the citizens. You just thought you were free.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2005, 02:49:35 PM »
Newt,

Tom is right. the description is cogent and well written but if there is no weight given to any consideration, this is an opportunity for denial.

Hope I'm wrong.

BTW: I finally got my paperwork going for permit to purchase the R9. The guy told me to call him in a month. This is very, very fast in NJ. I used to get purchase permits within a few days but NJ is always on the track of regression.

My FFL dealer is applauding all the bad mouthing of NJ that I'm posting as he cannot make a good living. One guy he sold a gun to is still waiting for his permit after 6 months. Once he gets the permit, he will have only 2 more background checks to go.

This is deliberate. Lawmakers in NJ are very concerned about the rights of criminals and could care less about gun owners.

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2005, 04:00:23 PM »
Well, I pulled the trigger  ;D so to speak (sorry for the lame pun) and gave Arego's a call.  As soon as my FFL gets there they will overnight it.  I want you all to know that I blame all of you here for this addition to my credit card debt.  But seriously, thanks for all the input.  I have never bought anything sight unseen before, but with all the info here I feel comfortable doing so with the rohrbaugh.  I am sure I will feel happier with a 9mm in the pocket as opposed to a .32.  Now I just need to get an order together for that Hedley pocket holster.  Some more business coming your way RJ, due to the rave reviews of the forum, so move that cat out of the way.  Just kidding the hoster can wait until the cat wakes up.  I'll be in touch.    

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2005, 04:57:50 PM »
Well, I pulled the trigger  ;D so to speak (sorry for the lame pun) and gave Arego's a call.  As soon as my FFL gets there they will overnight it.  I want you all to know that I blame all of you here for this addition to my credit card debt.  But seriously, thanks for all the input.  I have never bought anything sight unseen before, but with all the info here I feel comfortable doing so with the rohrbaugh.  I am sure I will feel happier with a 9mm in the pocket as opposed to a .32.  Now I just need to get an order together for that Hedley pocket holster.  Some more business coming your way RJ, due to the rave reviews of the forum, so move that cat out of the way.  Just kidding the hoster can wait until the cat wakes up.  I'll be in touch.    

Congrats on the upcoming "Pocket Rocket"  ;D

You will not be sorry with EITHER choice-Pistola or Leather.. 8)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe