Author Topic: Rohrbaugh Elite  (Read 5380 times)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Rohrbaugh Elite
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 01:51:51 PM »
TW,

Thanks for those excellent comments about the R9.

Bill

>>Thanks, Bill...  I just re-read that post and found it rang true for me now just as it did when I wrote it...TW<<  

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: Rohrbaugh Elite
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 09:21:07 PM »
I feel you can get "attached" to a gun.  Today I had a very stressful day at work (problem with the newsmedia).  Sometimes when this happens I hold my handmade pocket knife and rub the peal handles.  Does this sound crazy - yes - but it works. I fine it relaxing.  Why - I don't know - maybe it goes back to caveman days.

When I'm out in a area that could have some danger and am carrying my Seecamp (R9S not in yet) do I feel an attachment to it - yes. This little gun could possibly save my life and my wifes - it is hard not to feel attached. You hope you never have to use it but if you do you feel it will not let you down.  Almost like a good friend I guess.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline jlseagull

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 02:06:05 AM »
Admittedly, for $25,000 I bet an "elite" shotgun does a better job at shooting ducks than the r9 does.  But I bet it hurts more when you try and conceal it at the beach.   ::)

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 02:29:02 AM »
I just don't get 'barbs' like this unless they are done clearly in fun amongst 'friends and family'. As for whatever the gun costs - it is what it is and it is what the market will bear! there have been no comments on this forum about 'us' guys being able to buy these to somehow p..s on the heads of those who can't. In fact, there is more help and camaraderie here to help with a problem than many I've seen.

I think the price is something we all recognize is that which equates to the value we find of this firearm., be it $900 or $1300. It is a value determination that ties directly in to the confidence with which we can carry well hidden, but also well within reach of a draw, a firearm that we absolutely know will not fail us in a critical moment, will not fail to fire, feed, extract, or whatever and can command the use of a very  powerful round that has proven its ability to deliver incapacitating injuries to the intended BG - and it can do all of that waiting for me in my pocket - silently, unobtrusively, waiting to deliver its finally tuned and engineered components in a scientifically and physically artful dance of perfection at the command of my trigger finger to defend life and limb of loved ones, then that is value I appreciate, even demand, in this engineering marvel.

If that all somehow makes me an elitist or gun snob to someone who really cares well then, fine, that's what I am to them. I'll spend exactly the next 3 seconds of my life pondering that before I forget to care.

It IS comforting to know I can can carry my R9 in virtually any attire, it stays concealed, and it will work, in a very big way, when I need it!!!
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 02:27:06 PM »
Enough said on that topic!!!!   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus