Author Topic: tired of waiting  (Read 18636 times)

Offline Fireboy

Re: tired of waiting
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2005, 08:06:28 PM »
Hey all!!  I heard from the factory today.  Two to three more weeks...maybe. ;D

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2005, 10:44:14 PM »
Great!!  I know Eric told me things were really beginning to pick up a pace so - here's hopin'!! :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Wayne

• Expert
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2005, 11:08:45 PM »
Hey all!!  I heard from the factory today.  Two to three more weeks...maybe. ;D
Congratulations!  Got a holster picked out for the pup yet?  If not, there's no time like the present!
 ;D

Offline Fireboy

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2005, 11:25:36 AM »
Wayne,

As a matter of fact I have two already and am very pleased with both. No. 1 is a brown leather from RJ Hedley and No. 2 is a black stingray from K&D.  Both are pocket holsters. Can't wait to have something to put in them!!!

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2005, 01:51:48 PM »
Fireboy
A smart move,  and you can't loose.  Even if you didn't receive the R9,  the holsters are easy to move here on this site..
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 01:55:17 PM by RHEDLEY »
RJ=

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2005, 01:38:35 PM »
My gun dealer went to the first SHOT Show the Rohrbaughs attended.  He brought home the brochure.  At that time the R9 was still being engineered and was months away from manufacture.  My dealer and I both put in our orders then.  it took more than 18 months (1 1/2 YEARS!) :P to finally get them, bit the gun isworth the wait! ;D

Offline TW

• Grand Master
tired of waiting
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2005, 05:55:49 PM »
>>Musician...

Just because the gun was a little late is no reason to BITE the poor thing.  Yeah, yeah, I know - stupid joke.  But like several other forum members today I am just sitting back being lazy.  So WHY am I indoors on a computer on such a beautiful day...?  Hmmmmm...TW<<

P.S...  Forgot to say - CONGRATULATIONS on your "new" R9...!  Don't forget to let us know how it tastes...I mean shoots...!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 05:57:21 PM by TW »

Offline Chris_S

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2005, 03:22:20 AM »
Great!!  I know Eric told me things were really beginning to pick up a pace so - here's hopin'!! :)

Pick up pace?

My dealer's order just slipped yet ANOTHER month! This is an order placed in October that NOW isn't going to be delivered until late June!

I may end up cancelling as my local dealer's shipping dates put the delivery date close to a 2000 mile move!

Hard to take delivery of a HANDGUN across the country...
ARGHH!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2005, 11:09:41 AM »
This is not an insurmountable problem if your dealer will cooperate...  When ready, if appropriate, the factory can ship it to an FFL in your new location.

Your dealer may be feeding you a line.  I don't think the factory quotes shipping dates other than in the vaguest of generalities, so they don't have problems with people if production is slower than anticipated.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Chris_S

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2005, 11:42:14 AM »
This is not an insurmountable problem if your dealer will cooperate...  When ready, if appropriate, the factory can ship it to an FFL in your new location.

Your dealer may be feeding you a line.  I don't think the factory quotes shipping dates other than in the vaguest of generalities, so they don't have problems with people if production is slower than anticipated.

My dealer is NOT feeding me a line.... The ship date is slipppppinnnngggg away

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2005, 11:47:20 AM »
How do you know that?  Has the factory quoted him a delivery date?  The only reason I ask is that they normally don't do that.  This is not a straight line production -- things go out in batches and only when they are right.  I have known people to get very frustrated with the fact that the factory would not promise a delivery date even though the gun was delivered only a few days later.  Its not their M.O.

Every since the factory shut down for the move, in particular, they have been VERY circumspect about any promises on delivery.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline typo623

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2005, 11:51:14 AM »
Does anyone really have any idea when they will start shipping? I too have been waiting since October.. I will continue to wait but it would be nice to have an idea when to expect delivery.. I would rather know I am going to have to wait another month or two or three, then to think it will be anyday now.. The not knowing is worse part of waiting, just give me a clue, makes it easier to be patient..  :)

Offline Jeff_OTMG

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2005, 12:33:55 PM »
If you have your order in you better keep it in.  I would guess that the delivery times are going to be climbing to 10-12 months within the next few weeks.  The R9 was written up in the American Rifleman and Maria asked Karl what was happening when he came in last Monday.  The phones have been ringing off the hook.  To top in all off Rohrbaugh was named gun of the year at the NRA show.  Wait times are only going to get longer, not shorter.  It might be worth trying to sell your order to someone else.  It is done with Ferraris all the time.  You order the gun, put the money up, then 5 months later you sell the gun that could be delivered in a month or two to someone who doesn't want to wait long for a premium.

It is difficult to find a Rohrbaugh in stock, especially in areas where guns are cheap.  A dealer will not tie up that much money into an order for that long when he can turn a Glock for a 5% profit every month or 60% a year.  He would have to jack the price through the roof to get that kind of return on money invested in a Rohrbaugh.  If he uses your money, it doesn't matter.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2005, 01:29:33 PM »
OK, I can not just sit here and let this get out of hand.   New guys-patience is a virtue! The R9 is worth the wait. The Rohrbaugh folks are great and are not jacking anyone around. They have spent a lot of time and money to get the new larger plant going-in an effort to build and ship more guns. Since the new plant started building and finishing guns, they are trying to get a good picture of their production volume. They give us dealers the best time frame for shipping based on two things, when the order was placed and production volume to date. Not enough time has pasted to get a good grip on their production volume to give a exact date. I have been given a general date for shipment only to have something happen to delay it. Guns will be coming out in bunches until production smoothes out. Orders are handled on a first in, first shipped basis. The Rohrbaugh firm and folks are heads above others in this business and are working very hard to take orders in turn, build a quality gun and ship same as soon as possible in a honest and straight forward manner. WE as dealers and end user customers need to support their effort with our understanding and patience. Wild stories on what ifs & etc., do no one any good.   Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2005, 02:39:49 PM »
Jeff makes a good suggestion - but in the end - I'd say anyone can rest assured that they are not being given a hard time purposefully.

Waiting is a devil - always - but Chris - even if you are relocating, keep that order and just get shipping to a new local FFL.  Easy for me to say stay patient but - do try and hang in there.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.