Author Topic: R9S failure to feed  (Read 1222 times)

Offline derekcole

R9S failure to feed
« on: February 17, 2006, 10:52:26 PM »
Hey guys, just got back from the range today.  I put 40 rounds through my new R9S.  I double checked the lubrication before shooting, and it looked ok.  I loaded my 2 mags up with 147 gr. federal hydrashok.  I experienced too many FTF's to mention here.  First off it will not feed the first round in the mag.  If I put only five rounds in the mag, it loads them fine.  Even after only loading five at a time it still had FTF problem.  The weapon etracted empties just fine, but would not feed reliable.  Any one else out there with this problem?  If so can someone let me know what I am doing wrong.  For a $900 gun,  it should function better than this. >:(

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: R9S failure to feed
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 11:15:13 PM »
Some have had problems with 147gr. ammo.  Try 115gr or 124gr gold dots and let us know how it went.

Welcome Derek

The truth is I have only used 115 gr silvertips and the gold dots.  I have never carried a full mag plus one in the chamber.  I put a full mag in and load a round.  But many here have done as yourself and the gun loaded well.  Grip is big with the R9 for proper functioning also.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:23:31 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Re: R9S failure to feed
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 04:04:07 PM »
Please try some 115s..

Either GDs,or the Winnie STHPs.. ;)

Some people run the 147 grainers but as Dave has said,problems have happened..

Please view Chris's FAQ section-A wealth of info to make things a bit more easy on new owners.. ;D

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/rohrbaugh/

Good luck with your pup-feed it what it likes and it will take care of you.. 8)

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe