Author Topic: WTB - R9s  (Read 3834 times)

Offline roadking522

WTB - R9s
« on: March 22, 2005, 08:16:39 PM »
Am new here and in the market for a R9s.  Any pointers would be appreciated.  Will consider "nearly new".  Have called about 10 dealers within 300 miles of Ohio today and nobody has one!!  Must be a great little gun :)

Thanks for your help

Offline Wayne

• Expert
Re: WTB - R9s
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 08:47:30 PM »
Welcome roadking!

The R9 is a great little gun, but be careful where you go to buy one.

If you absolutely have to have one right this minute, there's one guy not too far from you (Springfield, OH) who has one listed on gunbroker.com.  He's opened the auction at $1,150 and has a "buy it now" for $1,500. :o

At $1,500, buddy, you've bought the farm, IMHO.

If it were me, I'd call the factory and see if someone there can identify a dealer that just received a shipment and might have a few extras.

In February, I paid $945 for my R9s + $30 for expedited FedEx (OK, I didn't have any patience either!).  There may have been a price increase, but I'm not sure.  I had heard rumors to that effect.

Some of the members here also order from the factory.  They may be able to help, as well.  You can probably expect a few PM's from them.  ;)

Good Luck!

Offline roadking522

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 09:21:02 PM »
Thanks Wayne.  As a matter fact,  I phoned the factory all day today with that intent but nobody answered their phone!?!  I found a dealer who is expecting an order of 8 of them (with blue grips?) in the next 3 weeks.  He quoted a price of $879.00.     He said the 'blue' grips are the old style and he got the last of them.  I guess the new ones have black grips.  Anyhow, if I don't find one. I'll keep checking with him.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 09:21:37 PM by roadking522 »

Offline Wayne

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 09:45:24 PM »
Unless you really have to have the New Black R9, I'd consider it.  $879 ain't bad, and a three week wait is nothing.  It'll take you that long (or longer) to get a holster.

I have the blue one, but I like the "original" look.  Different stokes, I guess.

Decisions, decisions!  :)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 04:15:05 PM »
Roadking,  I am a Rohrbaugh dealer and have R9s on order. If you don't get one from that other dealer PM me and I'll give you details on how I can help.   Tom  
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus