Author Topic: SOLD... Early R9s for sale $1,000 w/extras  (Read 22312 times)

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
Re: Early R9s for sale Reduced to $950 w/extras
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2005, 01:17:08 AM »
The Rohrbaugh borithers debt service must be chocking them. They need sustained volume to keep all those expensive machines working.

The Seecamp is based on a CZ design. But the 380 is taxing the strength of the casting. A clone made from a forged billet will be heavier than the cast version, but would create a firearm with a longer life expectancy. By producing a firearm based on a proven design will eliminate a lot of development costs.

Rohrbaugh needs to have those machines working.

As to caliber. There are a lot of choices in the marketplace for compact firearms, but not nearly as many pocket guns.

I love my Seecamps, but competition is good for everyone.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2005, 02:34:40 PM »
George, I sell both Rohrbaughs and Seecamps. My thought is, if one wants a .380 buy a Seecamp.If one wants a 9mm buy a Rohrbaugh. A major caliber is the way to go in my estimation. The Seecamp is a very good pistol for what it is and how it is made. Simply put it works.  However, the Rohrbugh is in a class by itself. The materials, the fit, finish and type of manufacturing process is levels above everyone else. It is a one of a kind. Again the caliber is a real defensive round of 9mm and the customer service is outstanding. Not to mention, the ablility of the pistol to run and shoot straight. What else is needed?   My thought is just make the R9 as fast as quality will allow and pace the demand. This will keep everything busy and get past the backlog into a stocking position. Once there, then look at doing different calibers and pistols.   Just my 2 cents worth.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2005, 08:34:02 PM »
Hi Irish:

I can't see Rohrbaugh making a Seecamp  32 ACP clone. But, the 380 taxes the design. The 380, unlike the 32, has a finite life. It is like subjecting the gun to proof loads all the time.

But making a clone from a forged billet would keep the footprint, make the gun a tad heavier, but extend its life well beyond that of Seecamp's version.

Offline poochie

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2005, 07:10:16 AM »
Is this still for sale?

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2005, 10:17:50 AM »
Yes,

My Pup is still for sale.  See http://www.GunBroker.com and search for Rohrbaugh.  It is being sold through a FFL holder that I use here locally a lot.  He takes care of getting paid for the shipping, doing the auction, FFLs, etc. and I take care of his tiny fee.  The price is now at least $1,000.  Check the auction if you will, you may be the next PROUD owner of a very special and wonderful Rohrbaugh.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 10:18:28 AM by Mr_Jody_Hudson »
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2005, 04:46:24 AM »
The only Rohrbaugh I see for sale at Gunbroker is Item 29738671 by warrelicshop -- the opening bid is $500 and nobody has taken a nibble at it yet because the current bid is $0.

Can you post the link to your item where the current bid is up to $1000?

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2005, 11:57:34 AM »
War Relics is the one selling my R9S.  I think it got to about $950 or perhaps a bit more, the auction ended before you pulled up the link and he started it again.  That is why there were no bids when you checked.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2005, 06:43:14 PM »
Jody,

Seems to me you need a better description for that gun -- it will be very collectable at some point, being Pre-"R" and all.  The average person won't appreciate what a special gun that really is from the text of the auction.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2005, 08:54:47 PM »
I think you have a great idea Duane... I would LOVE some ideas and advice on a proper description.  You would honor me if you (Chris you too have a way with words) would take a moment and write something for me to send to my dealer who has my pup, up on the site.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2005, 11:03:50 PM »
Jody - not sure I am in ''status literalis'' this evening but - all I see on the ebay is 'Rohrbaugh model R9s, cal 9mm, bore and finish are mint,has box and 3 mags.''.  Not really doing it justice.

Lemme see now ----

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the Rohrbaugh model R9s, cal 9mm Parabellum.  A high tolerance, precision manufactured firearm, double action only and weighing a mere 12.8 ounces minus magazine.  Capacity is 6+1.

A true pocket pistol,this specimen happens to have  been amongst the first to be put on the open market. It has been fired but also scrupulously factory refurbished to as new condition.

Since this issue, the R9 has changed in small ways.  The grips are now black.  The frame is no longer silver finish. Even the slide engraving has changed.  This example is therefore, not only a good shooter but, has inevitably aquired quite some aura of collectibility.  It's like will never be again produced.

It is therefore of twofold value.  First and foremost it is probably the ultimate pocket pistol, supporting a truly useful and effective caliber.  Secondly, this specimen has an intrinsic rarity value as well.  Altogether, an excellent investment, both as a defensive firearm but also as something that can only appreciate in value.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There Jody - just top of head rambling - maybe play with that and see if it can't help things a bit.  I haven't even edited - it just came out (spewed I think they call it!) . ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2005, 06:45:52 AM »
Fabulous Chris!

Now I await Duane or anyone else that would like to ring in with some ideas... I think there is little more to say Chris.  You DO 'Wax Eloquent' as I already knew. ;D

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Early R9s for sale Reduced to $950 w/extras
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2005, 03:53:29 PM »
>>I don't know, Jody...  If someone reading what Chris wrote doesn't buy it - I think it would then mean you are supposed to KEEP it for some reason...!  Heck...his description almost had ME ready to whip out my check book.  Think it over, Bro...TW<<

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2005, 09:46:35 PM »
Again Chris,

I thank you for the good words.

I have sent them to the dealer and asked him to add them to the description of the pistol.

That should do it.  It makes me want to raise the price a lot or perhaps double it.  ;D ;D

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2005, 10:35:19 PM »
If you really love it, raise the price.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2005, 10:54:12 PM »
If (when!) it sells Jody - we'll discuss my commission later   :D ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.