Author Topic: Another R9s Robar for sale on GunBroker  (Read 15043 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Another R9s Robar for sale on GunBroker
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 05:13:20 PM »
It definitely would; but then again.......tempting!!  I guess that why they make stuff like that....to tempt us to the wanting point, which over rides the value point, then I buy it.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 05:31:08 PM »
It would be so pretty you wouldn't want to shoot it but if
you did it probably wouldn't shoot any better than stock off
the shelf.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 07:30:50 PM »
It would be so pretty you wouldn't want to shoot it but if you did it probably wouldn't shoot any better than stock off the shelf.

That is so true!

Case in point: I purchased a stock Colt 1991A1 for about $900. Then I added BoMar adjustable sights and some Sambar Stag grips. It shot exactly where it was pointed:

But then temptation pushed up that wanting point, which overrode the value point, and I poured another two grand into the piece. And it still shoots exactly where it is pointed:

I'll say this for it though -- it keeps my two sons-in-law in line and competing for my favor, each one hoping to receive it as a specific bequest in my Last Will and Testament.   8)

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 08:15:26 PM »
Wouldn't it just be too much to have one with an NP3 finish,
black carbon fiber grips, and tritium sights?

Well two out of three isn't bad, when I get mine back from Robar the only one it won't have is the tritium sights, and that's because everyone I checked with said there is not enough stock there to drill for the sights. Maybe I can put it on Gun Broker for 2K with the NP3 finish and Black CF grips ;D
John
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 08:17:08 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 09:10:38 PM »
I'm pulling for you, Yankee.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:47 PM »
Ten Four, John!!  ;D    8)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 11:15:17 PM »

That is so true!

Case in point: I purchased a stock Colt 1991A1 for about $900. Then I added BoMar adjustable sights and some Sambar Stag grips. It shot exactly where it was pointed:

But then temptation pushed up that wanting point, which overrode the value point, and I poured another two grand into the piece. And it still shoots exactly where it is pointed:

I'll say this for it though -- it keeps my two sons-in-law in line and competing for my favor, each one hoping to receive it as a specific bequest in my Last Will and Testament.   8)

In culmination thereof, that is one beautiful pistol.    :)    :)

Offline saw1212

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 11:18:38 PM »
you are right, but those black cf grips will look good on the new stealth that I ordered from Tom
Beware the man with a well worn gun....he likely knows how to use it.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 12:09:33 PM »
Scott, go for it.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 01:41:21 PM »
you are right, but those black cf grips will look good on the new stealth that I ordered from Tom

Most definitely!

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »
Yankee,

Don't forget to charge for the SS frame when you put your custom R9 on gunbroker.

But seriously, good luck with it and please post pictures upon receipt.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2009, 10:31:12 PM »
Yes I almost forgot the Stainless frame, that will raise the price another $500-$800 ;D
I will post pics as soon as I get it back, but it already seems like it's been gone a long time.  :(
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2009, 08:59:40 AM »
That's why the ancient Greeks had two words for time: chronological and kerological(SP?)

The former is the inexorable passage of time as we know it, whereas the latter is the "sense of time", (fast or slow), contingent upon events in play.

Time without the R9 surely seems slower to you than chronological time because you keep score differently, pending its receipt.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 09:51:54 AM »
Like Christmas as a kid.  Takes forever to get to here.  Getting the R9 back will be a great present  to yourself, John, even if Santa doesn't bring it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:13:50 AM by kjtrains »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 10:30:19 AM »
[size=10]"In the midst of the ordinary time (kronos), extraordinary time (kairos) happens." Mark R. Freier, Time Measured by Kairos and Kronos, (2006)

http://www.whatifenterprises.com/whatif/whatiskairos.pdf[/size]

I would say that the time one has to spend waiting for his or her R9 definitely falls within the concept of extraordinary time.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"