Author Topic: R9 Display Stand  (Read 3042 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
R9 Display Stand
« on: April 14, 2010, 07:41:49 PM »
I had some idle time on my hands the other day and made a display stand for my pup, then thought there may be others who would like one.
  The one I made is from Cherry and applied a paste wax finish, and I have enough of it to make several more. They could be made from any exotic wood but that would add to the price, as would other types of finish.
 I will do the Cherry wood models for $25 + shipping.

If your interested in displaying your pup, let me know.

John

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:11:59 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: R9 Display Stand
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 07:50:25 PM »
Looks really nice, John.  Now if you could add a plexiglass cover.  I know that would add to cost; just a thought.  I have trains, in plexiglass covers, and works great at keeping dust out.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 08:09:33 PM »
I thought every time you put it in your pocket it would get dusted.  ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:19:17 PM »
That will work.  I can't put the trains in my pocket, so yep, that'll do it!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 10:48:38 AM »
kj, what type of trains? models you built or working scale trains? My stepfather was into trains and had a huge layout in his basement, it had a working trolley car with a turntable to send the car back out, tunnels, and bridges, the whole works.
   He was a design engineer and made a lot of his stuff, he doesn't do much with it anymore, he will be 97 next month.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »
John.  Congratulations on your stepfather's approaching 97th birthday.  That is great.  I collect Lionel, 0 guage trains, and have been since I was 5, when Santa brought that one.  

Dad built me a train table, that year, and it became part of the furniture in our house until I was 14.  Guess I thought I was too old for trains then, so the table came down.

I built a new layout in the basement also, in '73, but now just collect the Lionel's in their boxes and have some in plexiglass display cases.

My wife says if I display anything else, she is going to display her shoes!  Hut Oh!    ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:25:12 PM by kjtrains »

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 03:05:52 PM »
Not to "remain" off topic but, what is the gage of those that had the "3" rail tracks that were about 2 " wide? I have a locomotive somewhere with 4 drive wheels per side on it. Long booger with the coal car. Its the only "train" related item I have and was given to me by my grandfather when I was a kid.

...and nice display stand by the way! I was thinking of offering those as well along with our display box endeavour...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:07:23 PM by P7Enigma »
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »
P7.  It's either 027 or 0 guage.  The 027 is smaller slightly.  The eight drive wheels sounds like it is "O" guage, and if in good shape, could have a good value.

Offline sharp

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 04:28:44 PM »
Still off topic.......somewhere in the middle of nowhere off of I-15 between Salt Lake City and St. George I stopped with the family to a little restaurant and they had the trains you're talking about running all around the whole place.  Was pretty cool.  They had a couple different tracks that made a loop around the entire restaurant and I swear it probably took about 15 min for it to make a complete loop....now that's a lot of track!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »
We have a restaurant here in town that has the train running, but with a shorter loop.  I agree.  Cool!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 09:32:12 PM »
John:

PM sent.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 02:17:20 PM »
I just received my display stand from John. It's an outstanding piece of work which the photographs cannot do complete justice.  

My R9 doesn't spend much time in my gun safe, but it will no longer have to be placed on its side when it does.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 04:02:31 PM »
Richard.  You're going to display your R9 in the safe?    ;)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 07:04:59 PM »
You haven't seen my safe.   ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 07:17:28 PM »
True!  Must be one of the walk-ins with lounge!    :)