Author Topic: It Finally Landed, Robar Edition  (Read 7310 times)

Offline Retops

Re: It Finally Landed, Robar Edition
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 06:03:52 PM »
Excellent shooting and nice looking R9.  

I thank you for listing the types of ammo you used.  So many people, none of whom actually own an R9, have come forward to tell me that my new gun is ammo sensitive that I am always pleased to see how accepting the little pistol is of a wide range of 9mm ammo.  Based on my experience so far, I see no reason why I can't trust the R9 as my primary carry piece when I am dressed in my normal work attire.

Offline HR

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 08:09:12 PM »
That's a great looking Rohrbaugh.  I've been looking for a Robar edition for a few months now.  Where, may I ask, did you find yours?  Thanks.

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 08:37:26 PM »
Thanks all.

I carried it today and can't believe how much different it feels IWB compared to my other small 9mms.  I'm not sure I want to make it THE EDC yet, but from a purely comfort index, it wins hands down.

HR,  when I started my quest for an R9 I had no intention of spending the money for an "upgraded" model.  But I just happened to luck into this one.  A friend from another forum happened to see my posts, and as it turns out, he had two Robar editions!  He loves his too much to let the other go, but this one was infired NIB.  He gave me a great deal to boot.  I'm very fortunate.

Good luck in your search my friend.

Of course now I'm already thinking about whether my bride would be happy with one.  She's promised to carry it around the house tomorrow to see if she's comfortable concealing this sized gun.  Then we'll have a range test.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 11:01:13 PM »
Nice shooting and good report. The Robars seem to digest anything you feed them. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 07:28:21 AM »
xaman:

Now that is what I've been talking about for the past seven years!

Great shooting. Great range report. Great pistol.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »
Xaman,

Great report! I am glad your Robar functions like mine! I have to say I think I am going to copy you and get some of those C/F grips. I am having a slight problem with my stock Hogue grips. The checkering is so sharp it is wearing the lining on the inside of the pants pocket.
 Plus your grips look a little bit thicker and that might be good for my big mitt. I found the straight grip extensions to be great for my hand. One of these days I will send them out for NP3.
 Enjoy your pup and carry it often.

Robar233

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 12:26:38 AM »
Thanks for all the positive comments.

Robar, the VZ grips are rounded, so slightly thicker in the middle, but thinner at the front and back.  They feel better than the stock grips, even though I never thought the stocks were bad.  The texture on the VZs is nice, it's plenty grippy, but not sharp or aggressive.

Do you think we ought to do a batch of NP3 mag extensions?  I'm wondering if we would be better off sending more than one or two at a time?  I'd love to have two coated...

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 01:00:13 AM »

Do you think we ought to do a batch of NP3 mag extensions?  I'm wondering if we would be better off sending more than one or two at a time?  I'd love to have two coated...

I think you should each get ten done.  ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 09:01:30 AM »
Me too!  I just need two, maybe Robar needs 8 :D. I don't think I thanked you publicly for the straight extension, it feels great.  I didn't see significantly greater results shooting, but the added purchase when drawing the weapon is quite significant.  I imagine I'll be using the extension 2/3 of the time that I carry my R9.  Great product.

BTW. You probably already know this, but the proceeds from ten won't even buy you a wine and cheese dinner on vacation in Europe :D

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 11:26:03 AM »
xaman glad you like the extension.

Wine & cheese, we'll be hitting the supermarkets for the free samples.  ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 01:19:52 PM »
Free samples are good, just remember they don't think like us concerning serving sizes.  Last time I got a steak over there, it might have been 3 ounces!  And even drink sizes are minuscule, with no refills, lol.  My coffee cup here at home would equate to an entire serving pot :D. But then again, perhaps  that's why they are all skinny, and we are not...

Just got back from the reange, put another 50 rounds of Speer Lawman through.  My wife and 15 year old daughter each ran 2 magazines worth as well.  We are very pleased.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:21:13 PM by xaman »

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 09:12:02 PM »
I have an idea! John should offer NP3 extensions so that he can do a large batch.

I think Robar could handle them either way with no difficulty. I had them do a P226 years ago. I was surprised/please to see the last three numbers of my serial number etched it the individual parts. I don't know if they still do it this way or not. I had planned on sending them out this summer when I started to carry my Seecamp. I have not started to carry it yet! and I don't want to part with the extensions.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 10:25:47 PM »
I thought about doing a batch of NP3 but it was a lot of money to tie up for a looong time, Robars don't pop up every day. ;D
   I don't even have an NP3 extension on my pup. :o

Actually sending a small number can work better because they can just put them in with something else being done.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson