Author Topic: Waiting time on r9's  (Read 14011 times)

Offline Bossco

Waiting time on r9's
« on: March 15, 2012, 12:10:43 PM »
Hello fellas,just a quick ?, is there a long wait time on these little gems? Icalled a local dealer and he told me there's a 6 to 1 year wait as there so far behind on orders. Also where can I pick up one of these nice pinky extensions? Thanks in advance  :

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: Waiting time on r9's
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 01:18:36 PM »
Bossco

Welcome to the forum! :)

You should be able to aquire a new R9 in less than 3 months. You can buy a used R9 from the classified ads on the forum or check Gunbroker.

You can purchase the magazine extensions from our very own Yankee2500. He posts the ad for them in the classified ads.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 09:21:18 PM »
Hello fellas,just a quick ?, is there a long wait time on these little gems? Icalled a local dealer and he told me there's a 6 to 1 year wait as there so far behind on orders. Also where can I pick up one of these nice pinky extensions? Thanks in advance  :

I have an extra R9 I would sell..................pm sent
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 10:30:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee.  You are going to love this pistol, but it is high maintenance...likes to be clean, lubricated, polished, pampered and fed the highest quality ammo.  If you are willing to do that, you have a companion for life...reminds me of my lovely and cherished wife!  Jack F is well known on this forum and has one available it seems.  Look at the "My Messages" link at the top and if an envelope is flashing, click it.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 10:36:28 PM »

Bossco.  Welcome from me as well.  Give Jack a hollar and good luck on your search for an R9; shouldn't be hard.  Again, welcome.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 06:57:34 AM »
Bossco,

Welcome to the forum! I am sure you will be able to find a very nice pup in short order. Ask questions and search the forum, I know you will find great information.

Robar233

Offline RickP

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 10:57:40 AM »
Bossco, Welcome.

If only new will do check with Tom at Irish Guard Firearms. He is an advertiser on this site and has a great reputation.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »
Bossco:

Welcome to the Forum from me as well.

Check with Tom Watson ("theirishguard"), whose advertising banner should be rotating at the top of the Forum's home page. If anyone can get you the R9 of your choice in a short amount of time, Tom can do it in coordination with your local FFL.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 11:35:12 AM »
I started looking into options besides my local dealer as I have been on their list since August 2011.

Tom (Irish Guard) had a new Two Tone last time I had communicated with him.

http://irishguardfirearmsltd.com/sale.htm

Offline Bossco

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for the great info. I've been searching for the best pocket pistol and the rohrbaugh is my final choice. It looks and sounds top quality. I been carrying a h&k p2000sk and it's still a pain to carry at times. Can't wait!

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 02:57:46 PM »
Thanks everyone for the great info. I've been searching for the best pocket pistol and the rohrbaugh is my final choice. It looks and sounds top quality. I been carrying a h&k p2000sk and it's still a pain to carry at times. Can't wait!

I have a new R9(50 test rounds) I would sell for $1100 plus shipping
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 03:15:40 PM »
Ya but what if I want a brand new one,  - made in 2012.  How long does that take?

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 03:18:41 PM »
Looking for a R9s, I got some PM me with interest.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 10:16:35 PM »
How do you know what year they're made?

What if you don't want a pistol that's been on a shelf - you want it straight from the factory -  brand new 2012 pistol - how long does it take? 

What's the wait ?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 10:21:30 PM »
How do you know what year they're made?

What if you don't want a pistol that's been on a shelf - you want it straight from the factory -  brand new 2012 pistol - how long does it take? 

What's the wait ?

Call Tom of the Irish Guard Firearms.  He has the answers.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln