Author Topic: Waiting time on r9's  (Read 14015 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
Re: Waiting time on r9's
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 02:33:51 AM »
Small chance of this, but if you're anywhere near Oklahoma City, I can point you to a dealer who has 2 in stock that I saw this afternoon, 1 being the stealth.

-Adam
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 08:56:38 AM »
What if you don't want a pistol that's been on a shelf - you want it straight from the factory -  brand new 2012 pistol - how long does it take? 

What's the wait ?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »
What if you don't want a pistol that's been on a shelf - you want it straight from the factory -  brand new 2012 pistol - how long does it take? 

What's the wait ?

You can't buy the R9 straight from the factory; have to go through a dealer.  Tom of the Irish Guard has some now.  Go for it.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 09:06:08 AM »
Tom would know better.
He orders from the factory and would be able to let you know a lead time if you did not one of the PUPs he has in stock.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 09:10:23 AM »
How do you know what year they're made?

What's the wait ?

Call Tom of the Irish Guard Firearms.  He has the answers.

8)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 01:51:45 PM »
Please PM me or call 972 278 3092.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 03:15:13 PM »
Is this some sort of top secret information that cannot be posted on a forum?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 03:42:30 PM »

A perceived or real shortage of supply whets the appetite and increases demand. We always want what we can't have. I don't think any of this is intentional; it just happens.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 08:52:47 PM »
Count, paranoia aside, most dealers don't order these pistols unless first ordered and paid for by an individul because they cost enough that demand in any one area is limited...Tom Watson (Irish Guard) specializes in these as a dealer and can generally get you what you want...not a big secret here.  Fresh from the factory or NIB one year old will make no difference. My advice, SOGOTP.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline eye_spy

• mcgrathinvestig ativeservices.c om
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 07:11:30 PM »
I live near a dealer in NH who always has 2 in stock.

Offline rw324

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 10:55:35 PM »
check classifieds I have a never fired still in cardboard box from factory

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 12:17:25 AM »
Is there no way to know the year of manufacture on an R9?

Is it impossible to order one new direct from the factory?

So if you order one, you have no idea if the thing has been lying on some gun dealer's shelf for two years while people have been dry-firing it in his shop?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 12:32:27 AM »
Is there no way to know the year of manufacture on an R9?

Is it impossible to order one new direct from the factory?

So if you order one, you have no idea if the thing has been lying on some gun dealer's shelf for two years while people have been dry-firing it in his shop?

Here's one way to do it, Count.  Order a new Tribute R9; will be made in 2012.  #1.  Maria from the factory can tell what year a serial no. was made.  #2.  You can have a dealer order you one from the factory.  #3.  If the dealer orders you one from the factory now, it will be made this year. and Maria can verify.  Hope this answers some questions.   
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:34:27 AM by kjtrains »

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 12:14:21 PM »
I can get you new 2012 made R9s hot off the line in about 2 weeks. As I order thru Maria, it will be mfg this year.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2012, 04:53:01 PM »
Nice !   :)

I got approved for refinancing my house. It resulted in lowering my monthly payment by about $100/month.  I immediately began thinking "hmmmm, what gun do I want for $1,200 ???"

I got a call back yesterday morning and on second look the underwriter didn't like the terms of the loan. They wanted a shorter term which I agreed to. So even though I am getting a really good APR, and taking 5 years off the loan and saving a ton of money over the life of the loan... my monthly payments are going up by 100 bucks.

So, I have to find another way to save up for this purchase. 

But I definately am going to find a way to save.  I think Illinois will get a CC law this year and even though I could carry my HK P7M8, I want a pocket pistol.