Author Topic: My new Farmingdale  (Read 6555 times)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
My new Farmingdale
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:35:19 PM »
My new to me Farmie.  :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: My new Farmingdale
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 08:45:42 PM »
Adam.  I like it; I do!  You did good!  A great find and thanks for showing.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:34:54 PM »
Thank you Ken.

It was in better condition than exspected. It was fired but shows no external sign of wear!

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 09:41:15 PM »
Adam,

Congrats! BTW, you can ignore my post in the classifieds section to your other thread. (Typical me checking the classifieds first when I log in).

Enjoy it,
Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 10:49:15 PM »
Adam way to go. ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 06:31:16 AM »
Congratulations on acquiring that Farmingdale. It has obviously been given the care it deserves.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 11:34:15 AM »
I send in my Farmingdale for a Re-Warranty and it came back with a Deer Park slide on it. :'(

I guess it is a Hybrid now.

I am now going to use it as my EDC gun. :)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »
My new Farming Park setup for EDC.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 03:35:46 PM »

Welcome to the Deerdale club.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 03:54:44 PM »
I send in my Farmingdale for a Re-Warranty and it came back with a Deer Park slide on it. :'(

I guess it is a Hybrid now.

I am now going to use it as my EDC gun. :)

Wow Adam,

I would be really upset. Did they call you and tell you they were going to change the slide, and at least give you a choice to keep the Farmingdale as is without a re-warranty? Was the slide cracked or otherwise dangerous (not that the cracked slides are necessarily dangerous)? Kudos to you for handling it in stride, and making it an EDC, I just remember how not long ago you were really excited to get a farmingdale and worked on the deal for quite a while. I guess as long as you are happy with the results that is all that matters. This may be a good learning experience for those with farmingdales.

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 04:15:37 PM »
I did receive a call and they told me they would try to fit one of the Farmingdale slides they had in stock.
It did not work out in my favor. :-X
I was a little upset, and called to see if there was anything i could do.
I spoke to Maria and she told me they perform a bunch of tests on each gun sent in for evaluation.
My farmingdale slide failed and by law (ATF) they are not allowed to send it back to me in that condition.
I understand and am using in my favor that i can have an early serial # PUP for a EDC gun and be able to shoot it without mishap! :)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 05:20:22 PM »
Ryan

I did not see any visable damage to the slide.

I did however notice the firing pin retainer was not able to be removed. I am not sure what would have caused this?

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 05:52:44 PM »
Wow, thats kind of a kick in the twins. :( With a Farmie usually going for a premium price (at least comparable to a new model) and now its a Franken Farmie.
    I understand there position legally but wouldn't be happy, I think they should have some new model slides engraved with the old Farmingdale look just for situations like this.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:54:36 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 07:19:18 PM »
Adam.  I also commend you for handling this so well; know it wouldn't do any good to be mad, however, that is hard to take, for sure.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 09:34:07 PM »
I assumed the risk and since I don't have any safe queens sitting around, I feel better knowing I can shoot her and not have any issues.  :)

I may send it out to Cogan for some customizing? Who knows. For now she will reside in my pocket.