Author Topic: My new Farmingdale  (Read 6557 times)

Offline jimacp

• Sharpshooter
Re: My new Farmingdale
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »
I am curious though.  I too sent my Farmie in for a problem I was having with failure to fire (soft primer strikes) and gun came back with new Deer Park slide.  Does anyone know what the problem was with those Farmie slides?

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 08:36:19 AM »
Welcome to the Deerdale club! :)

I know Maria told me they test the hardness of the metal on guns sent in for repair. I remember hearing they had some issues with the Farmingdale slides cracking, i an not sure if it was an abuse issue or a metal hardness issue?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 10:22:44 AM »
* * *  Does anyone know what the problem was with those Farmie slides?

There were only a very few "Farmingdales" that developed cracks in the back of the slide at the thinest area. The problem was traced to a small supply of defective bar stock that had been delivered to the factory by a supplier. Each cracked slide was promptly replaced. The factory also tweaked the design of the slides by adding a bit of thickness to the area.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »
* * *  Does anyone know what the problem was with those Farmie slides?

There were only a very few "Farmingdales" that developed cracks in the back of the slide at the thinest area. The problem was traced to a small supply of defective bar stock that had been delivered to the factory by a supplier. Each cracked slide was promptly replaced. The factory also tweaked the design of the slides by adding a bit of thickness to the area.

I am not sure if this was related to my Farmingdale slide being replaced. I was not given an exact reason for the replacement other than is did not pass the tests they performed on it. No problem, i understand and now am enjoying my new EDC Deerdale!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »
I guess if you have a Farmingdale you would like to keep as a Farmingdale, be sure you don't send it to the factory or you may very well end up with a Deerdale with no collector value. :(
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 03:32:59 PM »
My VZ carbon fiber grips came in for the Deerdale! :)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »
Looks good, Adam!    :)  Looks like the O-Rings are on.  Right?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:01:36 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 04:23:06 PM »
Ken
The O-rings are installed.
They seem to be working good. I will know after the first range session.