Author Topic: Brand new R9s FTF and FTE with Federal ammo  (Read 19177 times)

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
Re: Brand new R9s FTF and FTE with Federal ammo
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2012, 05:31:10 PM »
I have to comment that I sold my R9 because I couldn't find ANY round that was 100%.

It wouldn't even run on ball ammo. On mine it appeared that the round was attempting to enter the chamber at too steep of an angle. If I recall correctly that someone on this forum thought that was also a problem and was playing with P38 floorplates to raise the feedlips.

Why have I circled back? Because I REALLY would like a R9 that would run 100% for off-duty. I can't find any other 9mm that fits in my pocket.

After all this time I was hoping they had the bugs worked out, it seems like a few run, a lot don't.
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline nyr888

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 10:30:02 PM »
I sincerely appreciate the welcome Reinz. I clearly misread your post but that's still some serious shooting. Doubt I'll ever get to that level.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Brand new R9s FTF and FTE - I appreciate range reports and feedback
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2012, 01:15:36 AM »
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to see how jeeptree2112 's R9 is running since getting it back.

I appreciate any range reports that people give.

Offline thor447

• Master
Re: Brand new R9s FTF and FTE - I appreciate range reports and feedback
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2012, 03:34:19 AM »
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to see how jeeptree2112 's R9 is running since getting it back.

I appreciate any range reports that people give.

I second this.  I would like to see how his R9 is running since Karl got his mitts on it.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2012, 10:05:41 AM »
I started searching for and reading  jeeptree2112's posts, and it looks like he had at least 2 trouble-free range sessions since his pistol came back from the factory.

But I'd still like to see how it's doing now...   :)

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2012, 12:57:24 AM »
Good words, RS and tracker and I agree.  My thoughts are, Karl is definitely doing the right thing.

Dead thread, but here is my experience. When mine was having some light hits, i sent it in, and did speak with Karl at one point. They cleaned it up, and gave attention to the firing pin area, and it worked great when i got it back. Same experience with another excellent gun manufacturer, Seecamp. My LWS 380 as well as my LWS32 both had to go in for service. On several occasions i spoke to Larry Seecamp about the issues, and he was very pleasant and helpful. These two companies are highly recommended by me.

Offline jeeptree2112

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2012, 05:38:20 AM »
Wow.  I'm sorry guys.  Just realized you all were looking for range feedback.   The R9 runs flawlessly.   I run 124and 115 American eagle ammo, as recommended by Rohrbaugh, through it for range time as well as the occasional 115 Speer gold dots which I carry.  Interesting note..... I let my brother in law load and fire it and he had two FTF.    But as he stated he didn't pack the mag prior to loading.   I took it back.   Reloaded and shot 40 trouble free rounds.    So overall since I got the gun back I have over 400 or so rounds through it.   Everyone has went boom.   I now officially love my R9.  If you get one that doesn't work then send it to Karl.    He was overly accommodating.  The gun is the tightest, best built little gun I could ever have.    And trudt me, I've wasted a lot of money looking gor a pocket 9mm before conceading the R9 is worth it.  I did have to put VZ grips and a mag extension on to get a better grip for quick follow up shots.    It was too slippery before the mods.  I clean it after every time I shoot and cgange the spring at every 200th shot.