Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 211719 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... But
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2014, 10:54:58 AM »
Correction #2 to my previous post

* I would respectfully like to replace the term fanatic with enthusiast. Sorry fellas.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2014, 10:57:29 AM »
Correction #2 to my previous post

* I would respectfully like to replace the term fanatic with enthusiast. Sorry fellas.

You actually can go back and "modify" prior posts if you find mistakes, etc.  There is button on the upper right of your own posts.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

bamboobob

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2014, 12:25:55 PM »
Bamboobob,

Thanks for the tips. I will be interested to see your posted results of the 115 silver tips. Mine were not as good as the GD124 results. Let us know how you fare.

What do you mean about sending you a couple of Pearce extensions?

Also, what is a Maria mag?

Also, also, what do you mean about preloading the mag?

Sorry, but I'm kinda new to some of this terminology (ok I admit it. I'm a bit slow : )

Josh, I think you are doing a good job here, do not be so hard on your self.

Load the mags now and keep them loaded (Break in / exercise them, I guess as per Maria at Rohrbaugh)

Pearce makes plastic extensions, after hand finishing many CNC metal ones I feel confident I could fit / alter a plastic one.  I recently hand sculpted a new design in wax with out measuring, width and length came out so good I did not have to change (Kinda sup-prized myself )

I have been considering starting a thread on abbreviations     (but I only use 2 fingers to type )
   FTF ...      ? ? ?  FT-Fire  (FTI)  (ignite)0           FT-Feed  ect.

So what's the new name if any gonna be Rohrbaugh - Remington or visa-versa

(modified / addition      -   try altering the the plastic ones yourself   ---   most people here probably strongly prefer metal  -    but may be good to  to test with improved grip length 

when I stumble across some plastic ones I will buy some  )

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:56:59 PM by bamboobob »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2014, 01:05:33 PM »
Thanks to both of you fellows! Good info!

Baboobob- which pierce grips fit the R9 mag, do you know? I saw amazon has some.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

bamboobob

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2014, 01:17:40 PM »
Thanks to both of you fellows! Good info!

Baboobob- which pierce grips fit the R9 mag, do you know? I saw amazon has some.

I think its the single stack car 9mm I will try a search here now

Pearce Kahr   search here  no good
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:25:16 PM by bamboobob »

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2014, 01:20:46 PM »
The extension that fit the Kahr PM9 and Colt Pocket 9 work.  The problem is the stupid heel maqazine latch  and the plastic extension are not good together.

bamboobob

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2014, 01:38:34 PM »
I think I have seen a pic here but can not find now.
It looked as if it would work but I would worry about the thin plastic.
Searches here with common words often produce very few results  -   whats with that?

bamboobob

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »
Thanks. You guys are very helpful!

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2014, 03:29:19 PM »

So what's the new name if any gonna be Rohrbaugh - Remington or visa-versa

(

They bought the name Rohrbaugh and hired two guys named Rohrbaugh...   I can't imagine they would change the name of a successsful design.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2014, 05:27:15 PM »
So, how many consecutive non failures do you experienced R9 carriers think I ought to accept as good to go to depend on. With the 1 clip at a time method using gold dot I now have no failures in the last 5 clips or 30 rounds. We all know this isn't enough. What is? 100? 200?

I might also add that I have only had 2 failures in the last 76 rounds fired now. The first 50 rounds of gold dot were all fired consecutively so I know fatigue was a problem as well as 1 handed firing with fatigued hands. So that box wasn't really a bust for me!

I know someone will say that it is a personal choice which I agree with, BUT I want to know what standards you as individuals would hold the gun to considering it has kinda been unreliable for me (according to my new findings it's PROBABLY due to fatigued hands, my Prefered ammo is 124 GD and letting the barrel cool. Oh and a decidedly tight grip)

I will continue to post as I continue to test.

As for now ... I like my Rohrbaugh!

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2014, 05:31:24 PM »

Five trouble free magazines might be good enough for me.  Have you had any failures at all with this new ammo?  I certainly wouldn't shoot so many that you need a new spring and need to start testing all over again!

Duane (DDGator)

bamboobob

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2014, 05:45:01 PM »
Josh,

Looks like love might be around the corner.

Any/ everyone,
What is the concesscess for best number of rounds on a spring (new, 50, 100 ? ? )

Offline jetboater

• Expert
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2014, 06:47:18 PM »
For me, if the gun was good on the old spring, a couple of mags with the new one is all I need---I'm no "spring expert" but I'm guessing if it's gonna fail, it'll do so quickly. 

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2014, 08:19:28 PM »
I have about 80 rounds on my new spring.

I have had 6 consecutive failure-free mags as of 10 minutes ago.

In the last 80 rounds I have 2 failure but 1 I think I limp wristed 1 (debatable, but I did fire 6 consecutive mags with only enough time between to cool so I was admittedly was fatigued) and the other one I was even more fatigued and the gun was dirty and I pushed the envelope and was shooting one handed SO those two may have been my bad.

Love is in the air. Lol.

I'm telling you the 124 GOLD DOT IS THE STUFF FOR MY R9

John Stuart Mill