Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 211777 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT I BROKE IT
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2014, 07:36:54 PM »
R9 waiting to go back to to factory when they reopen 😔

Check out the review and range report on the temporary replacement.

After all IF you shoot your R9 you may need a decent backup to stick in your pocket and this would be a good one IMHO : )

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=7312.0
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:07:42 AM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT I GOT A NEW GUN :)
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2014, 07:44:58 PM »
Still waiting for the factory to announce when they will reopen.

Same revised message on the VM, but nobody's home.

Surprised that the new company won't say when they are opening the doors. They really must be confident of their customer base to give such a little care of making it known when the doors will open for warranty work, parts, new orders etc. Weird.

Same discussion as 30 days ago I realize, but now there are another 30 days gone by. Hmmm. Is this not strange to anyone? I know its weird to me and several others, but does somebody think it's still explainable without the "that's corporate America. They don't have to care" speach? I'm not familiar with BIG companies and how they work, but to me something seems to be missing. If I'm going to pay two bros a healthy sum for their business I would do my best to make them be out there getting sales and keeping my investment safe and making some money. You can't make money being shut down with ABSOLUTELY NO COMMUNICATION with your client base.

Most perplexing. Were they abducted by aliens? Did Obama make them close the doors and was Maria  actually a CIA agent? Was there an international spy plant deep within the company ranks that pulled a heist on both R bros and disallowed the story from leaking out with the new VM to buy time? LOL!

Well I truly hope to hear some news soon so I can get my R9 fixed and back to square one of working the bugs out of its reliability issues.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:46:59 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2014, 07:51:35 PM »

Carry a little and shoot less. UFN.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:54:52 PM by tracker »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2014, 07:58:27 PM »

Carry a little and shoot less. UFN.

That's funny Tracker. I think that's the only thing I can do for now.

John Stuart Mill

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2014, 12:31:55 AM »
Carry a little and hope for a one shot stop as it's a pretty single shot that my "limp wrist" can't get to cycle. 

Hello.  Hello.  Is there anybody out out there?  Is there anybody home? 

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2014, 07:10:30 AM »
I hear ya Bob, but you still haven't tried to run 124 Gold Dots yet have you? That combined with a break in period I think it's too early to decide your R9 is a bad one IMO.

Of course I couldn't say its a good one either, but until you try 124 GD/124 Lawman for range and break it in a little bit (the Kahr 380 I just got says 200 rounds for it- idk???) it seems like its hard to tell if its a lemon or not.

That being said, your arm doesn't look like a jelly fish tentacle does it? Lol. Just kidding : )

How many rounds do you have through it any way?

Lucky gunner has 50 count boxes of 124 gold dot for about $30 and 124 Lawman for about $22. Easy to order and they are the fastest shipper so far. 1-2 days max.

Hope that helps Bobster. Let me know how many rounds you have through it please : ) I'm curious.

John Stuart Mill

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2014, 01:12:07 PM »
No, I just haven't had time to mess with it in the last month.  I have tons of critical projects I'm dealing with and other interests besides trying to find a special load for this pistol.  I had no clue these things are this picky and particular about ammo.  I was told by many people how great these are and that the company would back it up if I had trouble.

Anyway.. Nobody wants to hear about it on this forum.     

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »
Lol. Well it's super easy to order gold dots on lucky if you decide you want to get it working well.

Peace out.

John Stuart Mill

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2014, 05:04:46 PM »
I've got a box of 124 HST to try out.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2014, 07:54:07 PM »
That is the best, IMO. If it won't work with HST 124 it just won't work. It isn't true that nobody on this forum wants to hear about your problem. Many of us on the forum have had some issues of varying magnitude but mostly the results were very positive when addressed by the factory. Unfortunately, your malfunctions occurred about the same time that the factory closed. There isn't much any of us here can do to correct or address your difficulties with the gun but I do recall that several of us made a few suggestions in the dark.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2014, 11:28:25 PM »
Come on Bob. Shoot the 124 HST. I want to know how that pistol works. Come on Bob :) do it dude. All that important stuff can wait. Let's see how she does.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Well maybe soon eh? Might be a great little gun for ya. And who knows, maybe someone will buy the thing if it eats 124 reliably. Maybe.

Quit watching 12 hours a day of cartoons and go shoot that R9!

Just kidding Bob.

Let us know how it does by all means though.

John Stuart Mill

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »
That is the best, IMO. If it won't work with HST 124 it just won't work. It isn't true that nobody on this forum wants to hear about your problem. Many of us on the forum have had some issues of varying magnitude but mostly the results were very positive when addressed by the factory. Unfortunately, your malfunctions occurred about the same time that the factory closed. There isn't much any of us here can do to correct or address your difficulties with the gun but I do recall that several of us made a few suggestions in the dark.

I do greatly appreciate the help I got from a few of the members here. At this point I just don't have the time to tinker with it any longer.  It's been nice and sunny here for the first time in 5 months months.  I've got other toys to play with.  There may be a few here that want to hear my opinion, but considering my experience with Rohrbaugh and the "policy" of the forum I'm going to refrain from posting it on this board.

Thank you to the folks that offered constructive tips and suggestions.

Offline ford999

« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2014, 04:26:43 PM »
been reading this thread with some interest since it was started. I have used 124 gr. golddots since I have carried   the r9. Have never had a problem untill a few weeks ago. I had one stove-pipe on me , probably my mistake. Bought 2 boxes of 124 gr. HST and have really liked them. I miked both cartridges and the hst is just a hair shorter, Mabey will function in a R9 better. Ron

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2014, 04:54:14 PM »

That is good information, Ron. I don't think there is much doubt that cartridge length is a critical factor in R9 reliability. Gold Dots have served us well for years but there may always be something better around the corner.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2014, 11:25:22 PM »
So I failed to realize that the cartidge length makes a significant difference in the reliable cycling for the R9.

Gold Dots are obviously good. How are the HST's working? As reliable or better than Gold Dots?

Any word on Golden Sabre? I've been impressed with that round's performance everywhere I look.

John Stuart Mill