Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 211840 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Any news about the factory opening?

Working on 90 days now : )

I'd like to get the R9 back in action. I did leave a message the last week and informed them I had a warranty issue for the first time. I thought maybe they would call back, but nope. They make it sound like they are monitoring voice mail and emails, yet no response.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.  ???

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

Well, it's been more than 90 days, but who is counting?   ;)

There is nothing new.  However, since the circumstantial evidence seems to indicate that Rohrbaugh was purchased by the Freedom Group, you should find that encouraging.  There is no reason for a company like Freedom Group to buy a company just to let it die...  They clearly have plans for the brand.  I hope will will hear something official soon.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Ya, I am starting to freak out about springs.

I only have one spring.

I should have bought a bunch of them along with the pistol, but I didn't.

I also have this theory that a used R9 spring - like around 200 rounds could be used to shoot 105gr and 115gr cartridges, especially soft shooting ones like the Blazzer Brass.

Next time I am not going to throw away my recoil spring when it gets to 200 rounds.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
The Freedom group was owned by Cerberus and now it seems to have been renamed Remington USA or something like that. Apparently, the Newtown massacre played a role in the beach blanket bingo and three card monte with the corporate name juggling. I can't find that the Freedom Group name still exists as the alleged buyer of Rohrbaugh. Until something concrete is announced I don't find anything encouraging since we as R9 owners are dead in the water and dropped in the grease without parts, C/S, or springs. The tolerance for the alleged legal confidentiality is close to the end of the tunnel.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:43:19 PM by tracker »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

Para USA, to be more accurate.  Under the Remington ownership umbrella.   The evidence seems fairly conclusive. 

However, there is nothing alleged about the confidentiality issues.  That is directly from a party to the agreement. 

I understand the delay is not giving anyone warm and fuzzy feelings.  However, I think this is also not unusual when this Remington ownership group takes over a new company.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

To be more accurate the former Freedom Group is now named The Remington Outdoor Company. The Remington Outdoor Company owns Para USA and everything else that was controlled by the Freedom Group.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Blah blah blah...

who's gonna make my springs?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
I think we know "who" but not "when;" if something doesn't happen soon the R9 will be the world's finest paper weight.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:05:00 PM by tracker »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
I think they can certainly understand our plight Duane. Could you ask them to simply open a simple storehouse for springs and other misc parts? Seems simple enough if the word got the right mind it's obvious and an easy fix. They already have multiple gun companies operating.

Simply sell it through one of them if nothing  else until the real deal gets open. Worst case scenario fix for the issue at hand.

Pass the word we need some springs etc please Duane.

Thanks.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master

Well, it's been more than 90 days, but who is counting?   ;)

There is nothing new.  However, since the circumstantial evidence seems to indicate that Rohrbaugh was purchased by the Freedom Group, you should find that encouraging.  There is no reason for a company like Freedom Group to buy a company just to let it die...  They clearly have plans for the brand.  I hope will will hear something official soon.

I have to agree that they have no reason to let the brand die, but they are literally smothering the life out of it with their silence about the acquisition, if there really is one in progress.

A sorry way to start a new chapter  for Rohrbaugh in my opinion.  This can do nothing but chase old customers away and discourage new ones from trying their product.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

A confidentiality agreement does not have to result in total dysfunctionality beyond a reasonable time period. For example, Remington could place an order for R9 springs with Wolff Springs and not necessarily violate the agreement; unless there is another agenda.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
I totally agree tracker

It certainly appears, to me anyway, that the negotiations are not just between Rohrbaugh and Remington.  There must be at least one and probably several others or more with a stake in this.  Otherwise it would be a done deal and Rohrbaugh would be up and running with barely a noticeable pause in production.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
I would have to say this is an atypical buy out.

Usually I believe the idea is to buy and take over without hiccups and hitches and communication glitches in the business world.

Perhaps it is a normal process for this group and the way they have taken over other companies though. There is a lot of tolerance it seems in the gun industry. I have so many brands it's not funny. Even of a couple of makers that I really don't prefer, but because they fill a niche I buy anyway. Will I sell my R9 because of this? Nope. I don't like Taurus, but I keep a judge. Not a huge S&W auto fan, but have a shield and don't really prefer Keltech, but have a KSG.  I suppose you all have similar situations, so are they doing this just because they can or is there more going on behind the scenes that we can't know?

I guess only time will tell and in the end this musing won't change a thing unless Duane can make a call and request a small favor for all of the old R9 lovers/ users.

Can you please request this small favor Duane?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:44:43 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Cerberus Capital Management is the owner of The Freedom Group or Remington.

When they bought Chrysler from Daimler, I bet they did not shut down the phone lines for three or four months.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
I don't think Cerberus owns the Freedom Group anymore which was reorganized into the Remington Outdoor Company and who is now the principle and owner of the numerous firearms and ammunition manufacturers.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/cerberus-to-sell-gunmaker-freedom-group/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0