Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 210669 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
I don't think Cerberus owns the Freedom Group anymore which was reorganized into the Remington Outdoor Company and who is now the principle and owner of the numerous firearms and ammunition manufacturers.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/cerberus-to-sell-gunmaker-freedom-group/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

That was shortly after Sandy Hook and I do not think a sale ever went through.

Here is Wikipedia which says it is still owned by Cerberus.  I would think if the sale was made, someone would have changed the entry and also I have not read anything in the trade magazines about a sale.  That would be big news.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Group

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

Maybe they had a confidentiality agreement and can't disclose the sale. The primary reason I think Cerberus divested was the name change to Remington but it all seems quite mysterious in nature.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Mystique or annoyance?

Or both?

L😁L
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master

Maybe they had a confidentiality agreement and can't disclose the sale. The primary reason I think Cerberus divested was the name change to Remington but it all seems quite mysterious in nature.

I had read an article about The Freedom Group and it sounded like they were trying to spin the Bushmaster facility off to some employees after Sandy Hook.  It also said that they were changing the name as the name Remington is so widely know and highly respected.  It really is considered their "Flagship Franchise".  Again, trying to distance itself from Sandy Hook.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Bushmaster Firearms was moved to Madison, NC when Freedom acquired them; the former employees of Bushmaster founded Windham Weaponry and stayed in Windham, Me. Windham Weaponry continues to produce high quality ARs. Cerberus could have divested the Freedom Group and maybe it has been reorganized as the Remington Outdoors Company. Steven Feinberg, the principle of Cerberus, lives in NYC and Greenwich, CT and could have felt considerable pressure to divest after Sandy Hook or at the very least change the name if not the game.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Quote from: JoshA link=topic=7298.msg82476#msg82476 date=1399225367

Can you please request this small favor Duane?
[/quote

I can ask Eric, but they are not in control of this stuff at this point.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Thanks Duane.

I understand they aren't in control, but perhaps it would be a thing of someone with a passion for his product/invention and a desire to take care of his loyal followers could persuade the powers that be to help some guys out with some springs etc. It would be a small favor kind of thing    : )

Thanks for being willing to ask Duane.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

I know that Karl and Eric are always concerned about their customers.  Unfortunately, we are not technically their customers anymore.  We are someone else's customers, and there is only so much that one person can undertake with their new employer, right?  I think we all can understand that.

Eric told me that he is going to Pineville next week and he will address the parts availability issue with the new management.  No promises of course, because it is not his call.  However, it will at least be discussed.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
That is awesome sir. Thank you very much.

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Duane (DDGator)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Quote...

DDGator
Forum Administrator
Administrator
Grand Master

New Address and Phone Number for Rohrbaugh -- Remington Arms Company
« Reply #1 on: Today at 11:24:11 AM »

All,

Here is some new information.  Rohrbaugh's new address for correspondence is:

Daniel Cox
Rohrbaugh Firearms
870 Remington Drive
Madison, NC  27025

And their new phone number is:  855-774-0012

Currently, there is a recording on the phone number.  The message confirms that the Long Island, New York office is closed, and they are reclocating to a new location.  During this time, they are not staffing the phone lines.  However, they are accepting voice mail messages, which will be checked.

During the transition, it is not possible to order "pistols, magazines or accessories."  They expect to begin producing pistols again later this summer.

However, they are setting up a process for warranty repair of Rohrbaugh pistols.  There will be more information on May 12th regarding this process.

The official Rohrbaugh website is expected to be updated soon.

The information does not specifically state that Remington Outdoor Group purchased the company, but the contact address is identified on Google as "Remington Arms Company."  Furthermore, Daniel Cox is listed on LinkedIn as the Handguns Product Manager at Remington Arms.

So, it appears that progress is being made,Remington plans to commence warranty repairs in the near future, and that more information will be available in about a  week.  The information does not specifically address the sale of parts, but we can hope that will be addressed in the forthcoming announcement.

...This is GREAT. Thanks.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
I left a message here yesterday in regards to my warranty. If I don't hear back its cool because the message says they will have warranty stuff working by the 12th. So worst case I can call back then!!

Oh yeah! ;D

Looks like the conspiracy theory is gonna have to take a back seat. Rats! I always enjoy a good conspiracy theory. Lol.  8)

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

It is amazing how quickly the new company stepped forward after a few concerns and constructive criticisms were voiced recently on this forum.

Offline Svarog

I left a message here yesterday in regards to my warranty. If I don't hear back its cool because the message says they will have warranty stuff working by the 12th. 
keep us update plz )

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
the message says they will have warranty stuff working by the 12th. So worst case I can call back then!!

Well...it says there will be updated information by then.   ;)
Duane (DDGator)