Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 211779 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master

It is amazing how quickly the new company stepped forward after a few concerns and constructive criticisms were voiced recently on this forum.

Could have been coincidence : ) never know. If not, thanks for passing the word to the right ear Duane ... Or whoever
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
the message says they will have warranty stuff working by the 12th. So worst case I can call back then!!

Well...it says there will be updated information by then.   ;)

This is correct. Thanks.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Well I didn't want to say something on the 12th when I was let down by the same VM that says to check in on the 12th, but now that it's the 14th and they still haven't updated the VM I could say that I'm slightly let down to hear I need to check in on the 12th to get updated warranty info for my broken R9 that I've been waiting for for months after having the barest of second hand communications. Interesting.

Positive side: I'm sure this is a detail that we are close to getting resolution for. We are closer than ever and I'm reasonable sure that they will get on the ball soon.

Negative side: I think this is an insight into the mind(s) of the individuals working in the large company atmosphere that are not held accountable to themselves or others for their impotence. This is more of the same that we have experience over the last 3 months except now it appears we know who "to blame". Whoever is spearheading this probably has 50 million irons in the fire and this doesn't seem like its über high on his list of priorities.

I may be wrong in my diagnostics; however I am adding one more "really?😣" to my list. After so many you start to paint a picture of the guy on the other end of the dealing. Right or wrong.

So hopefully he will get that warranty info out there soon.

Also, I did leave a message with no reply still.

I'm still hopeful. Just a bit dejected at the moment.

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

A couple days late, but here is your "update" -- which is all that was promised:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=7363.0

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Thanks for the update Duane, but Rohrbaugh's voice mail says they will provide an update and they still Aren't communicating up to par (par being, the norm in the business world. I.e. Do what you say, say what you do kind of thing.)

Let me be clear, my beef is kinda with the new company and their Laissez-faire attitude. Not with you in the least Duane.  I mean what multi million dollar company puts a voice mail stating they will give a update on warranty info on the 12th And to check back then, but doesn't update the VM with any new info at all? The VM still says to check back on the 12th. Just more of the same exact kind of stuff that got me a case of heartburn in the first place.

That all being said large and mid sized companies work best with processes and systems in place. They don't have one yet for the Rohrbaugh line, so I'm sure patience is the needed ingredient.

Oh brother! Do I STILL need to be patient? Lol. That's my brand of patience. Looks like I need some improvement here.

Well i guess if I like beef I should go on the Adkins diet rather than always having a beef with this new company. I'm sure this too shall pass. 

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:20:59 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Well even though I think the communication process has been absolutely unexpected and somewhat disappointing, I am eagerly awaiting the forecasted warranty set up date.

So I think a drumroll would be in order.

Sounds like the factory is to have a warranty process in place by may 28th (see Duane's post if you have not yet), and I for one am rather intrigued to see how it goes off.

I'm hoping for the best and will look forward to being able to communicate with someone on a topic that has been somewhat aggravating for a while now...my poorly performing and now broken $1150 R9. I want to see what all the rave is about. As previously stated, I love everything about the gun except for the lack of reliability to fire 100%. 

Anticipating forward motion.

So until May 28th or sooner if the warranty process is established before then. I wait with bated breath...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:16:44 AM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Wow I can't believe its just one day away from the 28th (2 weeks since the announcement of the phones to go live in 2 weeks). Finally here tomorrow. I eagerly await the ability to get to chat with someone and get the repairs started. I'll update tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:25:48 AM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

Duane said, "the exact date is still not known but will be announced here." I wouldn't stay awake all night tonight waiting for the announcement tomorrow.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

I think Josh is being sarcastic... although I am not sure.  ::) I haven't heard anyting specific yet.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
I was hoping for a 12:01 AM announcement : ) just kidding

Actually I read it to say that they would have someone answering the phones within two weeks and he wasn't sure of the exact date, and I am excited to finally be at the end of the waiting game. Other than waiting there isn't much I mind about being patient.

Since Duane hasn't heard anything yet I am tempted to interpret that to mean we have some more inaccurate,  sub par (par would be "say what you do and do what you say" in most all of our business worlds)  info going on from the powers that be at the new company; however I remain hopeful that this is not the case and that they will have the phones open tomorrow.

Hoping for the best.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:56:34 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

I believe that the two weeks was an informed guestimate, and I would be surprised if it turned out to be an exact number.  I was hoping maybe today would have been the day.

Remington/Para have had their hands full lately, including a fire at the Pineville facility.  Not making excuses -- just saying.  I think these phones should have been answered long ago, but they didn't ask me.   ;)

Duane (DDGator)

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
I was hoping for a 12:01 AM announcement : ) just kidding

Actually I read it to say that they would have someone answering the phones within two weeks and he wasn't sure of the exact date, and I am excited to finally be at the end of the waiting game. Other than waiting there isn't much I mind about being patient.

Since Duane hasn't heard anything yet I am tempted to interpret that to mean we have some more inaccurate,  sub par (par would be "say what you do and do what you say in most all of our business worlds)  info going on from the powers that be at the new company; however I remain hopeful that this is not the case and that they will have the phones open tomorrow.

Hoping for the best.

You will be acknowledged only when they are ready to acknowledge you.  There is no exact date or timeline for this process and your needs or rights as a consumer are not a factor.  It will be done when it's done, and no sooner shall it be done, or shall you be provided exact information.

Accept this and you will have peace in your life.   

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
WARNING: This post may contain controversial language that may be offensive if you only want to hear and read positive comments about the new owner of the Rohrbaugh line. Real life and real feelings are being represented here in the opinion of the individual posting. If you have an aversion to anything negative being said about anything connected to Rohrbaugh please DO NOT READ THIS POST.

Lol. I hate it when someone negative is right. I want to have better faith in a company I have a financial interest in Bob, but the facts don't lie.

So what you are saying is to stop caring and then I can have peace about whether or not they are feeding Duane a line or no line at all eh? I guess. Seems like there aren't many other thoughts to come up with after being ignored and misinformed for this long. Just forget about it and let happen what will. Apparently there is nothing any if us can do to affect them to care whatsoever. Not even Duane can motivate them it seems. Looks like they are now just a super gigantic conglomerate that doesn't care about their customers enough to even make a phone call to a guy who has left multiple voice mails and a couple emails or update a voice mail when they said they will on May 12th.

It's really pathetic IMO. I won't spend any more money with em if I can help it. Nope. I won't buy any of their other guns either. I would have a serious talk with the joker who left that joke of a voice mail about the 12th if I was his boss. RIDICULOUS.

John Stuart Mill

Offline Svarog

This is getting way out of line now. I start losing my patience also. I think it doesn't matter either you bought the company or sold the company or relocate the company ,the service department or their store at the least should stay open and provide this service to their clients. At least they could sell those small parts such as screws or springs or mags etc. for the firearm. I'm not talking about major repairs.  And now after all this time of silence its getting unprofessional. I don't want to be negative , I love my R9, but gosh ,their service could be much better during all this time of relocation.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:22:40 AM by Svarog »

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
I really prefer the term realist to negative.  These are the people who have new guns out there that are DOA and had issued RMAs only to refuse them 10 days down the road when they showed up at the factory.  You'd think the powers that be could have at least figured out how to deal with active warranty claims, or the prior owners could have cared enough to make it right before they jumped off the ship.  They've told their customers for 4 months to just leave them alone and have essentially hidden behind a sales contract and one "representative" of sorts.   I known Duane is just caught in the middle of this as the only one they have talked to.  I don't have any beef with Duane for forwarding information he has received, but I really have an issue with both new and former Rohrbaugh management. 

It's totally infuriating.   
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:27:12 PM by bobsmith »