Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 212228 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
??? MRC  ???

What does your comment mean?

I will let heyjoe or Duane  answer that one.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

I get the distinct impression that Duane is not in the mood to play Twenty Questions.

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master

Well that would explain why they took days to respond to my emails/phone calls back in January and February.  They clearly stalled me until it was to the point they could sign off and refuse the RMA shipment.  They may be legally in the clear now (with a good atty about anything is legal), but the business practices are totally questionable.  Who tells someone in writing to ship back a product and then refuses the delivery a week later.  If they knew this was in the works why didn't they fast track the repairs for the guys who already had active claims dated back to early January.

Yes, their grand plan was to time the sale of their company so as to catch your gun in the transition and cause you heartache.  They got you good.  That can be the only explanation.

Well you can be sarcastic if you want since you run the show here.  Which is ironic as you don't appreciate much sarcasms in my limited experience. 

The facts of the situation are what they are.  If they (Rohrbaugh brothers)  had given a rats ass about their customers during the proceeding months they could have taken car of the few people with DOA units they had in the pipeline.  I know there are only a few of us with DOA pistols, but I doubt they had built more than 25 guns the prior 90 days. 

When I go on vacation for a week I touch base with all my active clients before hand to make sure they don't get caught in the lurch while I'm gone for a week.  I stay late if needed the last couple days to mop up any messes.  They didn't clean up my mess and frankly stuck it to me in my opinion.  I know it's just one more defective pistol them them that they don't want to deal with.  It's $1500 down the drain to me which is not a small amount of money.   

That's just my opinion and we can agree to disagree on this point.   

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

Well that would explain why they took days to respond to my emails/phone calls back in January and February.  They clearly stalled me until it was to the point they could sign off and refuse the RMA shipment.  They may be legally in the clear now (with a good atty about anything is legal), but the business practices are totally questionable.  Who tells someone in writing to ship back a product and then refuses the delivery a week later.  If they knew this was in the works why didn't they fast track the repairs for the guys who already had active claims dated back to early January.

Yes, their grand plan was to time the sale of their company so as to catch your gun in the transition and cause you heartache.  They got you good.  That can be the only explanation.

Well you can be sarcastic if you want since you run the show here.  Which is ironic as you don't appreciate much sarcasms in my limited experience. 

The facts of the situation are what they are.  If they (Rohrbaugh brothers)  had given a rats ass about their customers during the proceeding months they could have taken car of the few people with DOA units they had in the pipeline.  I know there are only a few of us with DOA pistols, but I doubt they had built more than 25 guns the prior 90 days. 

When I go on vacation for a week I touch base with all my active clients before hand to make sure they don't get caught in the lurch while I'm gone for a week.  I stay late if needed the last couple days to mop up any messes.  They didn't clean up my mess and frankly stuck it to me in my opinion.  I know it's just one more defective pistol them them that they don't want to deal with.  It's $1500 down the drain to me which is not a small amount of money.   

That's just my opinion and we can agree to disagree on this point.   

I'm sorry you don't care for my sarcasm.  I was hoping you would see my point of how ridiculous that seems.  Perhaps if you would stop beating a dead horse over how my friends treated you so badly, I wouldn't have to resort to sarcasm.  You frankly have no clue about the timing of the transaction and you are wrong to keep assigning blame to individuals.  I'm sick of talking about it.  Say all you want about the Rohrbaugh Firearms company ignoring you if you like, but stop insulting my friends who can't defend themselves.  I'm really serious about that.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
No Tracker that was "hey Joe, where you going with that gun in your hand?"

Must have been a deleted post or something.

Well considering what I've seen Duane let go through it was probably pretty offensive. The last joker that got booted was just belligerent and he was the only one I know of that got the boots. Granted I've not been here too long, but I got here at the most volatile time in recent Rohrbaugh history.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 04:02:50 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

HeyJoe's post was deleted.  I don't think he intended anything wrong, I just thought it was better left unsaid in polite conversation.  I explained it to him in a PM.

In a not necessarily related point, I am drawing a line on attacks on my friends who formerly owned the company.  They cannot speak of the circumstances of the sale (at least not yet) and therefore cannot defend themselves.  People here think they know what happened, or think they know the timing of the transaction and such, but they don't.  To then impute evil or negligent motives to gentlemen who have been very good to us over the years is wrong.   I won't have them disparaged in a public forum.  PM me if you want, or post your vitriol on GlockTalk.com or something, but not here.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Line in the Sand
« Reply #306 on: June 04, 2014, 04:03:08 PM »
Bravo, Duane!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

The policy of no personal diatribes is one of the many good things that has put this forum in a higher class.
I have been pleasantly surprised at the civility, restraint, congeniality, and collegial behavior of the vast majority here. It has been a great source of helpful information and tips on many subjects other than the title name. On several occasions I have witnessed the unilateral generosity of some members who have offered such things as springs, holsters, screws, tools, grip extensions, and even safety razors. However, as hard as many of us have tried this forum has never been able to manufacture, repair, or service one single weapon. Let us continue to do what we do best and that is to communicate in a positive fashion.

Offline jetboater

• Expert

The policy of no personal diatribes is one of the many good things that has put this forum in a higher class.
I have been pleasantly surprised at the civility, restraint, congeniality, and collegial behavior of the vast majority here. It has been a great source of helpful information and tips on many subjects other than the title name. On several occasions I have witnessed the unilateral generosity of some members who have offered such things as springs, holsters, screws, tools, grip extensions, and even safety razors. However, as hard as many of us have tried this forum has never been able to manufacture, repair, or service one single weapon. Let us continue to do what we do best and that is to communicate in a positive fashion.

Well said!!!!!

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
So, I am happy that everyone wants to be congenial and all but is this horrid communication not a bother to anyone else but big bad Bob and myself?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:24:31 AM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

Of course it is.  I know it is not a permanent problem, but the new ownership is clearly not off to a great start.

Just don't allow your frustration to spill over to people who are not responsible for the delay.   

Anyone who wants to continue to complain about how unacceptable the delay is -- feel free to vent.  Invent new adjectives to describe the frustration if you want.  However, since there is basically nothing we can do about it, it may not be all that productive a use of bandwidth or emotional capital.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
So, I am happy that everyone wants to be congenial and all but is this horrid communication not a bother to anyone else but big bad Bob and myself?

Certainly this is a bother.  We are all concerned and unhappy...we just don't moan and cry over what we cannot at this time change.  Some of the divas out there (and you know who you are) seem to be just seeking attention with repetitive posts that are just picking at scabs.  Due to my need to practice with what I carry and the unavailability of R9 springs, I now carry my Boberg XR9, a wonderful  pistol that is, unfortunately, both heavier and bulkier.  I will continue do so until springs are again available.  This doesn't make me happy, but, hey, I can get over it.  I am far more concerned about some of the actions of the leaders of our current executive branch of government and about the safety of our few remaining warriors in Afghanistan.

What bothers many of us even more is the unrelenting unwarranted trashing of people who may be entirely faultless (what happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?) and the continuous venting of anger over an issue that only time and patience will correct.  It appears that these are predominantly issues of such concern to the several members who are too new to know and remember the wonderful support and ethical treatment of the members of this forum, including myself, by the Rohrbaughs for many years before this one.  I, for one, don't believe they have changed.

So, my unsolicited advice to those who are angry: get over it.  For those that are too unhappy to refrain from polluting this forum, move on, either figuratively literally.
Backup
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Any other thoughts/advice on the uselessness of my frustration with a mega company not operating in a fashion that is satisfactory (let me know if you disagree with the way this question is posed)?

These are points well taken DD and Backup.

Any other thoughts? Let me have it fellas.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:05:40 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Have you contacted The Remington Outdoor Company, the apparent buyer of Rohrbaugh, to express your frustration? Here is a link to their contact info:

http://www.remington.com/pages/our-company/our-company/company-info.aspx
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 07:55:01 PM by tracker »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

Actually, that is not a bad idea.  You have to get the right person on the phone -- which may take some social engineering -- but it's worth a try.

If not Remington Outdoors, perhaps Para.  Especially a number that rings in Pineville.

Duane (DDGator)