Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 210666 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
I will give it a try, BUT if this actually works I won't have anything to rant and gripe about on a public forum. Then what would I do, huh?  :o
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:24:56 AM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh
« Reply #316 on: June 06, 2014, 10:40:21 AM »
Get the gun in working condition and post pics of your shot groups

Offline hjs157

Any other thoughts? Let me have it fellas.

JoshA,

Good evening.  I suspect we all sense your frustration, however it may be time to give it a bit of a rest.  Sadly, there is nothing anyone of us can do to expedite this process.  For my part, I have already sold one of my R9's and am very close to a decision to let the other one go as well.  A mistake - probably - yet I feel oddly liberated having divorced myself from the first pistol.  I suspect the process will be complete once I have severed my final ties with Rohrbaugh.  I am too old and too impatient to play footsies with a company whose future is at best uncertain.  Like any other break-up, it was fun while it lasted.  I wish y'all the best of luck with parts and service.  Hopefully the Remington folks will remedy the situation soon. 

Very best regards, 

Frank       
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:34:14 PM by hjs157 »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Good ideas. Good insights.

I'm getting ready to depart for the boundary waters with my 14 year old son for a bit.

I will hopefully not think of this or anything else that isn't really important in life and figure out what to do on return.

Thanks a lot for the advice guys. Keep it coming please. Any good ideas other than the obvious one (to wait) would be appreciated.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline hjs157

Hi folks.  As predicted,  I sold my remaining R9 on Saturday.  My logic may seem somewhat convoluted, so please allow me to explain.  With the future uncertain, I suspect original R9 pistols have the potential to become highly coveted prizes.  Even if Remington begins producing the R9, when more customers begin chasing fewer original pistols, the market will respond with a two-tier price structure.  Combine this with the current parts/service situation and the R9 moves quickly from "working gun" status into the the realm of pseudo collectibility overnight.  (I'm old enough to recall the Auto-Mag, Bren-Ten and other niche pistols.)  Unfortunately, my sensibilities prohibit me from utilizing a potentially valuable pistol as a working firearm.  By default, my R9's were relegated to "safe queen" status.  It is my sincere desire the current situation reverses itself soon.  You folks have all purchased what I believe to be the finest pocket pistol ever manufactured and truly deserve the confidence of quality service and parts availability.  Good luck and very best regards.         

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh...
« Reply #320 on: June 09, 2014, 08:40:56 AM »
My R9 still goes in my pocket every day in a DeSantis Nemesis holster.

I could have taken the money that I spent on the R9 and invested in Apple Computer or something, but that still leaves me with a problem of not wanting to be unarmed and wanting a small reliable pocket pistol in a major caliber.

I have been looking for the R9 since 1987.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
  (I'm old enough to recall the Auto-Mag, Bren-Ten and other niche pistols.)

Me too, but any comparison to the Bren Ten or Auto-Mag are completely off the mark at this point...  And I would love to own either one.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:51:28 AM by MRC »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

Now that is funny!

And yes, I am jealous.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MRC

• Grand Master

Now that is funny!

And yes, I am jealous.

Thanks Duane, I was hoping you would see it that way as that is how I meant it.

P.S.  -  The Detonics was buried too deep in the safe to bother with.

Offline hjs157

[Aw nuts...  I accidentally erased the content of this message.  I am sorry.  Please feel free to re-post.  --DDGator]

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:46:20 PM by DDGator »

Offline hjs157

R.I.P

Now I get it.  I couldn't see the photo at work.  Well played.  You have a fine collection and an even finer sense of humor. 

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
"R.I.P."   Rohrbaugh In Production. It has a lot better chance than those other icons of weaponry.

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
R.I.P

I wore deck shoes with no socks in the 80s because of that damn Bren!  Thranks Crockett!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
It seems that buying guns that are no longer made or serviced is a VICE I have acquired.